19. Desastre

Opening my eyes, the first thing I see is a chest

Opening my eyes, the first thing I see is a chest. A man's chest. More specifically, Rafael's bare chest. I cross my eyebrows in confusion as to how I, or we, ended up in this position. But then all the memories of a few hours ago come crashing down on me, making me widen my eyes in horror as the realization of what I had done hit me.

I quickly jerk up, not caring if he wakes up. My ears and cheeks become hot and red as shyness washes over me. My eyes could not leave his figure as he sleeps soundly on the bed.

A sudden urge to cuddle with him hit me like a brick, and all of a sudden, my body falls again against his. I wrap my arms around his body and place my head on his shoulder, and close my eyes as if I hadn't been up for a minute ogling him. He shifts a little but doesn't wake up, not that I checked. I open my eyes to check if he woke up only to meet with his. A smirk stretches on his face as he sees me looking at him.

Another wave of shyness hit me as I begin to retract my arms, but he stops me with his hands, placing them back around him. I adjust my head on his shoulder while still looking at him.

"Hey..." he says, grabbing my waist and pushing my closer to his chest. I don't know what game he's playing, but I fucking love it. It's weird to think that all of a sudden, we became this things that doesn't have a name. Sometimes he teases and sometimes I do. Sometimes he flirts and sometimes I do.

"Hi." I squeak.

"Are you okay or does your head hurt?" he asks and I immediately realize that my head had been hurting, but I was too busy being shy and ogling him to notice.

I flinch as I place my hand on my head and massage it.

"It hurts."

"Of course, it does. I am surprised you're not puking."

"Shut-up," I reply, squinting my eyes at him.

"So, do you remember what you did before you fell asleep?" he asks, making me instantly red. I unwrap my arms and this time, he allows me. I sit up and look at him with a shy look.

"Yes...I am sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. I thoroughly enjoyed it."

I glare at him and hit his arm. "It will never happen again because I am never drinking."

"Who said you'll have to drink to do it again?" he says with a smirk.

"In your dreams!" I say with a proud look.

"Oh, in my dreams, we have done so much more."

"Pervert." I comment as I step out of the bed.

"Where're you going?" He asks, halting my movements to open the door.

"My room. I need to freshen up before going for dinner."

"Don't you want one of my kisses?" He grins, making me roll my eyes.

"Shut up!" I groan, opening the door and stepping out of his room.

A smile stretches on my face once I am out of his sight as I recall what he said.

I walk into my room and change my clothes. I wear a pair of denim high-waisted jeans pairing it up with a green sleeveless shirt. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I then remove my makeup and apply it again. I put my hair up in a ponytail and wear butterfly earrings.

After spraying some perfume, I make my way downstairs. The house is in an unusual silence. Every evening, there has to be some noise around the house, mainly from Cash, who cracks jokes here and there. So, not hearing his voice came as a big surprise to me. The only reason he wouldn't be here is if he's on a mission.

When I reach the living room, Victoria, Manuel, and Andrew come into view. I furrow my eyebrows as I see them engaged in a serious conversation.

"Good evening," I greet, stopping their talk.

"Good evening, honey," Victoria smirks.

"Good evening," Manuel and Andrew reply.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as I sit beside Victoria.

"Cash and Alex are at the warehouse. Alba is out with her friends. And Rafael...well, you know where he is, don't you?" Victoria says, making my cheeks hot and red.

"Don't make her shy, baby," Manuel says, making her giggle.

"Have I missed something?" Andrew asks.

"It's none of your business," I quickly reply before anyone says anything. His face falls and a sudden regret comes over me.

"Anyways, Ana, Andrew found out that your father is missing," Manuel starts.

"Missing, how?" I ask.

"I don't know, but our mother called me and she told me that he hasn't shown up in a week. He's also not answering his calls."

"Wow, I didn't see this coming," I reply.

"What if someone has done something to him?" Andrew asks.

"So? Besides, I am sure nothing has happened to him."

"You don't get it. If something happened to him, the media and the police might think you did it. After all, he has been going on TV nonstop, talking shit about you."

Shit.

"You're right. What are we going to do?" I ask, looking at my uncle.

"We must find him."

My father is a very smart man. If he doesn't want to be found, he won't be. He knows what he's doing and he would do anything for the police to get me, even if he has to fake his death. But what if something really happened to him? What if someone kidnapped him for something that he did to them? I won't be surprised if he did something bad to someone. After all, he didn't reach the top by working hard.

"Honestly, now that I think about it, I don't care. Whether he's okay or not, I don't care. Whether they put the blame on me or not, I don't care," I say, taking them aback. "Besides, there isn't any proof that I am involved in his disappearance."

As if on cue, the doorbell rings and the housekeeper runs to open the door. All of us were expecting Alba to waltz into the house but to our surprise, two police officers stood behind the door.

"We're here to speak with Lilia James."

That's Victoria's fake name.

Shit.