LVIII

Chapter LVIII: Envy

════════ ××× ════════

TENSION BEGAN TO build up in the atmosphere as Elliot and Solar looked each other in the eyes. It was an overwhelming turmoil, it wasn't unexpected yet they didn't expect it to be so soon. Kaden shook his head before charging towards his former apprentice, unable to take in and process what had happened before him. "You traitor!" Kaden yelled out in anger, the hard surface of his sword clashed against the younger elves'. Elliot's golden irises bore into Kaden's angered ones, maintaining eye contact as he prevented him with his strength.

"How dare you turn your back on us, to her highness!? Did you know what you just did? You attacked her!" Kaden clenched his jaw, glaring daggers at the young teenager before him. Elliot took in the information before looking at the stunned female eldian who was beginning to take effect of the use of her purifying magic. She missed for the first time but most of all, it was Elliot who prevented her from doing so out of all people. Her ragged breathing was in sync with the movement of her body.

Elliot nearly attacked her, if it wasn't for Solar then she wouldn't still be on her feet. Y/n couldn't look away from the eldian, she didn't know what to say either. "She will understand." That was the only thing he said before kicking Kaden off of him. Despite being younger, in terms of sword fighting and combat, Elliot was many times better than Kaden would ever be. Solar clenched his jaw, irritated at Elliot's blunt and nonchalant-sounding response. "There's no way she would just try to understand that when you attacked her!" Solar growled ready to punch the teenager.

"Solar! Stop, we need to leave!" Y/n pleaded while trying to pull back his arm, finding it pointless to argue with the ex-knight since he has already decided about where he would side with. "Y/n, you can't just brush that off. What if he got you killed?" Solar didn't push Y/n off him nor removed her hand from his arm. Y/n didn't say anything and looked away from him, not knowing what to say. "Then I would not have survived if it was not for you and I am grateful for that," She mumbled only enough for the light element to hear.

"You..." Solar furrowed his eyebrows, a hint of blush decorating his cheeks as he looked at her in bewilderment. "Certainly it is not the time to coquet," Kaden suddenly winced as he held his stomach in pain. It wasn't the perfect time to react to that and yet the light element did otherwise. "W-we're not!" He snarled defensively at the ex-royal adviser, earning a look of doubt from Elliot.

A sudden noise erupted from his power watch, catching everyone's attention. Solar snapped his head towards the ship which managed to emit a sound indicating that it was starting. "Ah shoot, the hangar is still closed!" Solar grumbled in irritation, trying to see if their other friends were around to deal with that. But unfortunately, they were busy trying to stop guards from getting to the ship. "Heh, how can we forget?" Kaden pinched his nose in disbelief, realising they were too busy handling Erithrius and Elliot to realise their main purpose for being here.