Chapter 18

I hear the ocean from far away
I walk across the dream over the forest

Zendaya pov: pt 3

Everything returned to normal for the next few days after you and Jimmy's make-up

Everything returned to normal for the next few days after you and Jimmy's make-up. You had to prioritize your schedule in order to study. Your mother and agency are forced to postpone further interviews and appearances to allow you to study for your finals.

You've already completed four practical assignments, all of which received great scores. You were very pleased with yourself. When you came to exams, the faculty gave you special treatment, and because of your celebrated status, you were allowed to write in a small space with two invigilators.

Your mother was also present, along with two of your stern bodyguards, to ensure that you were secure from fan crowds. Jimmy made certain that he gave you messages of encouragement in order to motivate you. Your conservative mother made sure that your friends and the agency were aware that you would be taking an exam break, which had to be respected.

Kendall and Gigi are amused by your mother's antics and encourage you to chat later that evening after you complete your final music with university.

You were lying in your bed, munching juicy fruit slices. You adore the sweet and sour pineapple chunks.

You and your friends were chatting in the chatroom for the models' squad.

You: Hey guys... What's up! Miss y'all.

Gigi: Not much! We were waiting for your exams to finish.

You: My mom was like a drill sergeant during exams. Keeping an eye on me. She doesn't want me to mess up my chances of getting my music degree.

Kendall: Daya, we almost forgot you're still growing up.

Gigi: Your mom is scarier than the Kardashians' momager.

Kendall: Yeah, my mom can be a nightmare.

You: You wanna repeat that? My mom doesn't play around when it comes to my academics. She wants me educated and to have a degree to back me up.

Kendall: Daya, you don't even need a degree. You're already loaded and famous. You can just rely on your cash.

You: I do need it. If I'm gonna help my dad produce great music for new artists, I've gotta learn the music biz. We agreed I'd help run the record label. Dad's already signed four new artists. He's into R&B, jazz, and rap.

Gigi: Oh, wow! That's awesome. That cool Asian rapper your dad signed a couple of years ago is super talented. She's been racking up awards this year, and your dad snagged a Grammy for Record of the Year and Producer of the Year.

 She's been racking up awards this year, and your dad snagged a Grammy for Record of the Year and Producer of the Year