Chapter 4: Not On My Watch, Basketball-looking Bitch!

"How close are we to them, Quakey?"
'I don't know, Flora-chan. So far, no matter how many yards Mina travels back and forth, she couldn't see anything that stands out.'

I sighed while still walking ahead. I'm trying to think of something, because I checked my phone. It has been twenty minutes since we rested. Meaning we only have 10 minutes to get to the fight and make sure to save Rengoku-san if necessary. I took off my backpack and skimmed through the big and bulky book.

'What are you doing?'
'There's gotta be a more faster way to get to the team.'

My eyes caught sight of what has to do with plant life.

If in need of guidance, strength, or healing from the earth you are either one with or in the process of doing so, Shizens can switch to Earth Breathing and speak to the those that felt and seen all.

"In other word, be like Flora from Winx Club and speak to the trees. Next thing you know, I'll earn my wings and have a long ass transformation," I mumbled closing the book.

I put away the book and sent Quakey to retrieve Mina, who is still trying her best to fulfill the task I asked for. I touched the bark of the tree closest to me and closed my eyes to concentrate.

"Kyojuro Rengoku. Tanjiro Kamado. Agatsuma. Inosuke. One with the flames, one with the demon sis- huh?"

I felt a massive tingle vibrate from my hand to my whole body forcing my eyes to open. Green bioluminescent smoke came from everywhere and formed what looked to be a trail to where I need to go. On time, the crows came to my shoulders to inspect the progress.

"Let's follow the trail nature formed!"
'Wait, what trail? We don't see anything.'
'I agree. I think the darkness is starting to get to you, dear.'
"The path will lead us to our objective, and I'll prove it to you. Just fly and follow my lead!"

I waited for them to take the night sky before sprinting on the "invisible" path. My muscles strained begging for more rest, but like grueling paperwork and bills, it has to be done.

Narrator's POV-->

Flora ran like her life depended on it frantically hoping it's not too late. Her crows are following close behind to signal if there is a threat approaching their master.

Meanwhile, Kyojuro was doing the best to fight while taking heed of the notes that he found in his uniform two days ago. However, there is so much he can do with fatigue working against his will. His eye and head got injured, but while Akaza gloated, his mind went into a blurry memory. The first of the glimpses he tried to recover before the fight.

Mini- Flashback~>

Her hands are so soft against my face as she cared for me. This takes me back to when Mom used to take care of my injuries along with Senjuro's.

"Try to open your right eye."

I obediently followed her instructions and is amazed by my sight coming back.

"I-I can see! I can see through my other eye! I feared to be blind in this one."

"No offense, but that is impossible. But then again, so is you being here. I'm not going to bother questioning two miracles in a span of half a week. Let's see your chest."

She bent down and felt around where the hole once was. My face grew hot. The woman is very beautiful up close...

"Wow, this scar would make Kakyoin jealous."
"Who is this 'Kakyoin'?"