Dr Robin Rose Van Wyk

Introductions are always necessary, but when it pertains to Robin Rose Van Wyk South Africa never knew a goddamn thing about her. People assumed she starved herself to death but nobody knew for sure what happened with Dr Van Wyk. The Western Cape Police department ruled her death out as due to her on going battle with her eating disorder. How else do you explain someone starving to death? Oh, I do not know. Us South Africans are always so creative when it pertains crime Did you know we have one of the highest crime rates in the world?

Robin Rose Van Wyk was born in Grabouw, the oldest child of four children to mother, Jaunette and father, Jacobus. She had an average childhood. She lived in Grabouw with her family for years although her parents wanted her to get a real job. You know Coloured parents and their obsession with benefits, if your career or job does not include medical aid, UIF or pension. You and your career with never be good enough no matter how much money you make your parents never come around, and no truer words has been spoken. That is coloured culture for you guys.

Dr Van Wyk is or sorry was a happily divorced lady. She, however only married once, but was married for ten years, although she did love her then husband, Mr Le Rouw, he left her because she loved her "colours and brush" twenty four seven, and three sixty-five. I do not want to know how that went down when they had to break the news down back in Grabouw, to Jaunette and Jacobs, you do not leave your husband who works in the fire and rescue department unless you lost your senses. Their very own ungrateful daughter was doodmal.

Van Wyk had no children her condition would not have allowed for a full-term pregnancy. So after her divorce she could not stay with her parent due to on going conflict and the expectations for needing to become like that of her siblings was daunting, but it was the force feed weekly Saturday braai that sent her running for the hills in a quiet place in Muzinberg, a nice place near the waves. She loved it there. Dr Van Wyk had five cats whom she looked after better than herself. She lived with her home-based nurse, Ana Dlamini.

Ana was appointed by Van Wyk's ex husband to look after Dr Van Wyk and she was on a December holiday with her two daughters when Van Wyk had passed away and had to return on January eleventh, to find her body in the chair facing the ocean, it was a tragedy. The pride of Cape Town gone too soon, brings tears to my eyes thinking about her untimely death. Ana still blames herself for how Dr Van Wyk had met with her maker, she will never get the closure she so desperately needs to move on with her life.

I really do not wish to bore you with all the details of Dr Van Wyk and her untimely demise. She was everything we wanted in a role model, as someone in South Africa. She was like PJ powers. I had met with Van Wyk countless times in my childhood she was like a second mother to me. Today is the day I let the world know the truth about Robin Rose Van Wyk, the pride of Cape Town, how she become the starving artist of this great nation, our country and the beloved mother city in all it's diversity.

The truth is I do not know where to start with this story. I met Miss Van Wyk the she was introduced as Mrs Daniel Le Rouw, my uncle's wife. I was the mini bride in her wedding, and you know coloured's take weddings very seriously. I was barely two years old at the time so I remember nothing of the day because I was so young at the time, I just know about what was told to me by my family members, about what had transpired during the wedding, I was told that I was glued to my uncle.

My uncle and I were practically joined by the hip threw out the entire wedding and it shows on the wedding tape, if anyone had a front role seat to the making of Robin Rose Van Wyk, it had to be me the niece ways lurking in the background. The niece with a growing connection to the unknown and many of the great secrets of the the world. I saw everything and much, much more; the same little girl crying her eyes out on her favourite uncle's hip at his wedding. I know not one of my finest moments captured.

My uncle is my hero, and he can do nothing wrong, yeah he can get on your nerves all of the time but he is the best person to be around. He is also the most boring person on the planet, but he had heart and stood for what he believed in, he is a headstrong person and he was a very difficult person to try to get a point across too, stubborn to the bone, he had calmed a lot down over the years. He now knows that he cannot always be right, boy, a hard pill to swallow.

My uncle and I had a bond like no other. He was my everything, he marriage was something I struggled with, and something that I had grown a lot from. We all learn some valuable lessons from that marriage, all of which I will share with you in the next few chapters of this book you can decide what you believe to be true, we all no what the whole South Africa believes anyway, but it is what it is, and no can change the mind of a South African citizen.

This is the ridiculous story of the melting man.