𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝐊𝐔𝐒𝐔𝐎 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑,
he wouldn't deny that he was slightly excited. He immediately began to read the letter, recognising the familiar handwriting he had been seeing these past few days.

'Hey again Saiki! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy you a physical gift again. :( However! You're beloved mysterious messenger has another plan in store for you, my prince bubblegum. Yes, I cannot you remind me of prince bubblegum from adventure time. I have been aware that you are curious about my identity! ⁰o⁰;༽

So, for every letter from now own, I will be leaving hints. I wonder how you will react when you find out, I hope you'll be surprised. If not, that doesn't matter. I just want you to be happy. But stay tuned, I have an amazing gift for you soon, and I know you will love it! So, this is mysterious messenger signing off for today, my darling strawberry. ♡︎'

The letter was certainly longer than usual, but Kusuo didn't mind. He was going to be getting hints, and that's all that mattered to him. He wanted to know the one person who was going above and beyond just to make him happy. And hopefully, ask them why, become their friend.

The nicknames were getting to him as well: whoever was writing these letters were good with their words.
His eyes trailed to Teruhashi, who seemed to be in a slightly bitter mood.
'Someone's been writing Saiki love letters? How cliché!'
He mentally rolled his eyes at the thought.
'Maybe I should show L/N the letter.' As if with sudden realisation, he realised a certain (h/c) haired girl wasn't in the classroom.

He covered his eyes with a book, before using telepathy to try find the altruistic girl.
She was in the music room, blasting music from her phone while the door was locked. Luckily for Saiki, he could easily use his powers to open it.

He headed out the classroom and headed towards the music room, hearing a voice from the other side. It definitely wasn't an angel's voice, but it still brought a small smile to his face.

"And don't tell me what to do!" Y/N sung her heart out, standing on a chair, her hands on her hips.
"Don't tell me what to say." Y/N lifted her hands in the air, playing with her hair slightly.
"And please, when I go out with you" she positioned her hand like she was holding a microphone, her eyes squeezed shut.
"Don't put me on displ-AHH!"

She fell backwards off the chair once she noticed Saiki was staring at her sing. She briskly sat up, brushing all the hair from her face to look at the boy. He wore a shit-eating grin on his face, resisting the urge to let out a small chuckle. Y/N glared at him before letting out a bunch of laughs.

Kusuo helped her stand up, to which she went to turn off her music, but hesitated.
"How long do we have until class starts?" she asked him. He looked at the clock on the wall.
"Around twenty minutes." he stated plainly.
"Then dance with me," she smirked holding his arms. He widened his eyes, staring at the ring on her finger.

'Hold on a second–'
"Cmon, do you know this song?" Y/N said as she swayed slightly. He didn't, it was unrecognisable. He slowly shook his head, earning a shrug from Y/N.
"I ain't got no money!" Y/N sung along, circling around Saiki. He simply stared at her, with a small smile on his face.
"I ain't got no car to take you on a date." Y/N smiled, slightly laughing.
"I can't even buy you flowers," Y/N began to wrap her arms around Saiki's neck, swaying slightly. He smiled down at her, while she smiled up at him.

"But together we could be the perfect soulmate." Y/N sung softly, staring into his eyes. She didn't sing anymore, and allowed the singers to sing. The two stared at one another for a moment, before Y/N broke into a fit of laughter.
"I can't sing, I'm sorry Sai." Y/N unwrapped her arms, grabbing her phone and turning off the music.
"So, did you get a letter?" she asked, smiling.

He completely forgot the whole reason to go find her was to show her the letter. He nodded his head, pulling it out of his pocket. The girl read it in an almost fast pace, before smiling at the boy.
"That's sweet. You do remind me of Prince Bubblegum!" Y/N joked, laughing once more.

"I don't appreciate the comments about my hair." he stated, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Oh, come on. It's funny." Y/N ruffled his hair slightly, smiling at him. He exhaled slightly, grabbing the letter back from her.
"Do...do you think it's a love letter?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Y/N widened her eyes, feeling her cheeks get warm and her chest flutter slightly.
"Heh. How would I know?" she said, turning around and grabbing her stuff. "Let's head to class now, Sai."
"Alright."
'That totally wasn't suspicious at all. She definitely knows who it is.' Saiki thought, staring at the nervous girl.

The two entered the classroom, Yumehara pulling
Y/N by the shoulders and into the corner of the classroom.
"Okay, what is going on with you two?"
'She better not have a crush on him!'

Kusuo listened into the conversation, sitting at his desk, pretending to read a book.
"What do you mean?" Y/N asked, furrowing her eyebrows.
"What I mean, is that you two are getting awfully friendly." Yumehara poked Y/N's chest.
"So? Am I not allowed to make friends?" Y/N retorted.

Yumehara shook her head, sighing.
"You know I still have a crush on him." she said quietly, although it didn't matter. Kusuo was a psychic after all.
"I thought you liked the emo one." Y/N pointed at the fluffy haired boy who was arguing with a guy with a mohawk.
"I-I do! But I haven't gotten over him yet." Yumehara explained. "Also!" She furrowed her eyebrows, crossing her arms.

"What's with the letter dealio?" Yumehara whispered. Y/N covered her mouth. That got Kusuo's attention.
"Not so loud, it's just a friendship thing. I think."
Y/N mumbled the last part.
"YOU THINK?" Yumehara yelled. Luckily, Y/N was saved by the teacher walking in, causing her to rush to her desk.

It was safe to say she was getting glares from multiple people that lesson, and she hated it. Teruhashi, Yumehara and her new friend Saiki.