𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀

Y/N STARED AT THE STRANGE LETTER
that had arrived in her mailbox. It was seemingly quickly written, with very neat handwriting.

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋/𝐍,
𝐈, 𝐊𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐈 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 (𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝) 𝐈 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬.

[ very realistic address here ]

𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭.

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝐊𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐢.

Y/N bit her lip before glancing at the clock. Meeting Saiki's family wouldn't be half bad, as she had never heard of them before. Besides, Kusuo should be fine with it. If his brother had written a letter to her, surely he must have gotten permission.

Y/N quickly changed into something more presentable than her school uniform and headed towards the address.

She gently knocked in a rhythm, feeling herself exhale. Nearing the winter months meant it was getting colder, almost to the point were she could see her own breath. The house she knocked on was your standard family home, which made Y/N feel more comfortable.

A woman with black hair opened the door, immediately radiating joy and comfort. Y/N smiled without hesitation.
"You must be Y/N! Come in dear!" the woman stood against the door, allowing space for the girl to enter the home.
"Thank you for letting me come, Mrs Saiki. Do I need to take off my shoes?"

Kuromi smiled, grabbing the girl's coat for her and hanging it up.
"Of course, you're welcome whenever. And you can leave your shoes at the door." Y/N nodded in response, sliding off her shoes and placing them neatly by the door.

Y/N nervously followed behind the woman, her eyes locking with shaded green ones. He didn't look like he knew she was here. Almost panicked.
"How come you're here?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed. Y/N opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.
"Your brother invited her Ku!" His mother said as she entered the kitchen where her husband was.

Kusuo didn't hesitate to stand up from his seat and drag Y/N to his room.
"Hey! Look, ask me out for dinner first. And not with your family!" Y/N pointed a finger at him as he slammed the door shut. He stared at her for a moment before rubbing his face.
"My brother is planning something. I am not." he stated sternly.

"Well when you drag a girl up to your room she can only assume." Y/N crossed her arms, sitting on his bed. Her eyes trailed around his room, slightly taking it in. It was your average room, but somehow it screamed Kusuo Saiki. She had no idea why.
Her cheeks flushed as she thought about her previous scenario, fiddling with her ring in comfort.

"Good grief. What is he up to?" Kusuo sat in his desk chair, rubbing his temples. Y/N stared at him for a moment.
"You seem...stressed. Want to talk about it?" she asked. He looked up, locking eyes with her.
"My brother has always been competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to do the same thing again."

Y/N raised an eyebrow.
"How competitive?" she asked, leaning on his bed slightly.
"Extremely." Kusuke said as he barged into the room. "And I'd like a private conversation with L/N." he stated smugly towards his pink haired brother.
"Not happening." Kusuo stated sternly, standing up and shielding Y/N.

'Damn, kinda- shut up Y/N! Now is not the time!'
Y/N mentally cursed herself, looking between the two brothers.
"Why don't you let her decide?" Kusuke asked. Y/N stood up, placing a hand on Kusuo's shoulder.
"It's fine. There'll be no surprises, okay?" Y/N reassured him. He sighed, before nodding his head. He left the room hesitantly, while Kusuke sat where Kusuo once was.

"There is something about my brother you should know about." He began, before grabbing Y/N's hand.
"Hey!" Y/N slapped him, before yanking back her hand. He furrowed his eyebrows.
"I am trying to examine your ring." he explained.
Y/N gave him back her hand.
"Could've just said." she mumbled.

He hummed as he stared at the ring before smiling smugly again.
"This is why he cannot read your thoughts, because of your ring."
"Read my what now?" Y/N gave him a skeptical look. Kusuke simply smirked wider.
"My brother is a psychic. Usually I do not tell his friends this but," he leaned on his elbow, looking
Y/N up and down.
"you're definitely different. In his eyes."

Y/N didn't hesitate to finish that conversation. She quickly rushed downstairs and tried to forget what Kusuke told her.
'Psychics aren't real. Just some people who are so desperate for money that they pretend they can speak to dead people, right?'

Y/N stared at Kusuo and Kusuke as the pink haired one gave him a harsh glare. Her eyes trailed to the ring on her finger.

Maybe it was best to keep this ring on. Just in case the pink haired brother was a psychic.