𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹

Y/N BEING SLIGHTLY NERVOUS WAS AN
understatement. Hanging out with the school's most perfect student was a lot to live up to. However, Y/N wanted to get to know the real Teruhashi.

Another thing that was making Y/N's thoughts race was a certain pink haired boy.

He had been toying with her emotions. Ever since the Christmas holidays began, she had been avoiding him. Then, Christmas came around and changed everything. Now she was avoiding him like the plague. Even the thought of him made herself smile wide. She knew it was obvious she had feelings for him, but she didn't expect them to grow this big.

The worst part: she couldn't even tell if he felt the same. There was still the awkward tension of her knowing about his psychic powers, and him trying to ignore the truth. But another thought got her really thinking. What if he knows about the letters?

Okay, the whole point of today was to focus of Teruhashi. Not Kusuo Saiki.

Y/N exhaled as she stared at her outfit in the mirror. It was nice; she knew the outfit suited her well, so she decided to play it safe. It was also something she didn't mind getting dirty as she had worn it a bunch already.

Y/N nervously waited for Teruhashi to text her. Apparently, her brother was driving the two to the paintball area. Last time she met her brother, he gave her a weird vibe. Also last time she saw Teruhashi was when she was able to give her her number. Y/N did mentally fist bump herself as she had received the number of the prettiest girl she had ever seen.

Ding!

Frantically grabbing her phone, Y/N fumbled as she read Teruhashi's text saying she was outside. Y/N ran down the stairs, her parents still in their pyjamas. Her mother kissed her head before she left, while her dad made some dumb joke about bringing home some alcohol.

Y/N smiled at the expensive looking car parked outside, Teruhashi waving in the window. The (h/c) haired girl opened the back door, allowing herself to get in. Teruhashi beamed at the girl, removing all nerves she felt before.

"Hi, Y/N!" Teruhashi grinned, slightly hugging Y/N's arm. Y/N pulled on her seatbelt while giving Teruhashi a small smile.
"Hey Teruhashi. You seem excited," Y/N commented, locking her seatbelt into the small black and red lock next to her thigh. The ravenette nodded her head before opening her mouth to gasp.
"You can call me Kokomi now!" she exclaimed. Her smile faded once she realised the car hadn't been moving.

"Makoto. Why aren't you driving?" Kokomi asked her brother, who was scrolling on his phone in the front seat. He lifted up his head at the sound of his sister's voice.
"Sorry my dear Kokomi," he mumbled, starting the car.

Kokomi rolled her eyes before leaning close to Y/N.
"Sorry if he drives bad, he just got his license." she whispered to the girl next to her. Y/N nodded her head in acknowledgment before chuckling.
"Let's hope we don't die before we can even get there then," Y/N snickered in a whisper. Kokomi chuckled, causing the two to start a small laughing fit.

Makoto stared at the two through the mirror above his head.
"Why are you two laughing?" he asked.
"Eyes on the road, Romeo." Y/N stated with a smile. Kokomi smirked. She liked Y/N's witty humour.
"Yeah," she added, agreeing with the girl.

The two girls excitedly exited the car, Kokomi's brother watching the two leave. He smirked slightly before driving off.

Y/N grabbed Kokomi's hand, leading her towards the entrance. The ravenette felt her stomach turn slightly: she had never done anything like this before. The whole point of her image was that she was perfect. But now? She was going to get messy and probably do some imperfect things.