30 | a boyfriend for breakfast

Jo

I WAKE UP in an empty, cold room with all traces of Flynn gone. It doesn't even seem like he was here last night apart from the odd yellow sticky note plastered to my bedside table.

With bleary eyes, I yawn and stretch my arms before reluctantly dragging myself on the bed to the table and ripping off the note. Flynn's handwriting is instantly recognizable.

Thank you.

That's it. I'm still a little unfocused from my half-conscious state but I'm pretty sure the events of last night come rushing into my brain like a dose of ecstasy.

Oh, crap. I sit upright and run my hands down my face, cursing myself in my mind. I felt raw and open last night when I was talking to Flynn about Craig but was I that vulnerable enough to actually cuddle with him on the bed?

"Ugh," I groan as soon as I feel a headache starting to form and I clutch my head in my hands. I think of Flynn's mouth on mine, his fingers in my hair and his hard and warm chest beneath my head. I rub my eyes and groan a little more. All of this was to get Craig off my back and get Daniel's attention. So why do I suddenly feel giddy at the thought of seeing Flynn today?

The headache intensifies and when I gradually come to, I hear something beeping continuously. I direct my focus to the annoying alarm clock on the table but fortunately enough, I'm just about ten minutes behind schedule. I drag myself to the bathroom and shower with so much annoyance. I shower as though I want to scrub the feeling of Flynn's body wrapped around mine. I glare at the mirror as I brush my teeth and I brush as though I want to get his taste out of my mouth. When I turn around, I see the mini sundress from yesterday and my lips purse into a thin line.

You're beautiful.

My face heats up without warning and I grit my teeth as I bury the dress to the deepest part of my laundry basket. Oh god. I need to do something about whatever is going on in my head.

I stomp out of the bathroom with the aim of searching for something to wear and luckily that's not too much of a hassle because I'd picked this outfit during the weekend. I inject myself with my usual dose of insulin and hastily style my hair since I'm pretty much out of time now and I'm tying up the laces of my converses when mum knocks on my door.

"Jo?" Her voice is unusually cheery this morning. "You're going to be late for school."

"Coming," I holler in response and quickly grab my bag while trying to tie the second shoelace into a knot.

When I head down the stairs, I'm slightly surprised to hear more than two female voices which I'm very much used to. Woody's loud voice alerts me of his presence but as soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs, I'm so not ready for the other person sitting next to him at the counter.

I almost twist my ankles at the bottom of the stairs when I spot Flynn sitting on the stool in front of the breakfast bar with a genuine smile on his face. He's wearing his trademark black Tee and dark pants and his mouth is moving because apparently he's chewing something. In my house. In front of my mum and my grandma and Woody. Like they've known him forever.

Mum is the first to spot me. She's smiling like a Cheshire cat. Three pairs of eyes turn to me as soon as she speaks. "If you'd spent one more minute in your room, you'd be really late but you're not late enough to skip breakfast so hurry on up."