Chapter six - Golden V. + Characters

I repeatedly blinked to keep my eyes open. It had been a rough night at the mansion, and I had barely gotten any sleep. The room I had been given was much more uncomfortable to be in at night than I had expected. It was too dark, a bit cold and I heard strange noises I wasn't used to. The thought of looking for Nate had crossed my mind a few times, but I was too shy to find him. What if he thought I was silly?

Entering the living room where Nathaniel told me to meet up with him before we had to go to my doctor appointment, I frowned as my eyes connected with a wide back and long legs. Then I smiled a little as my feet moved carefully across the carpet, slowly approaching the tall man.

"Hi", I whispered, tucking lightly at his suit jacket.

Embry turned around, gazing down at me with an empty look.

The smile I wore disappeared as his eyes scanned me from head to toe frowning slightly as if he didn't know who I was.

"Hello".

Shivers ghosted down my spine from his cold voice. It was like ice and felt like an avalanche powering towards you full speed, ready to knock you down if you showed the slightest strength to stand against it.

"Ah, I see you've met".

My gaze shifted to Nate as he stepped through the French doors, pondering over his words. Had both of them forgotten that I met Embry yesterday?

"Estella, this is Sebastian. He's Embry's twin", Nate explained.

My mouth formed an 'O' in realization. I was relieved to know that this was just a new brother and not Embry that had changed his personality. Him and Nate were my favorites so far.

"Nice to meet you", I mumbled, remembering my manners.

"Likewise". He gave me a curt nod.

It wasn't until then I noticed he hadn't shown any emotions at all, not even a small tug on the lip. Nothing.

"How did the call go?" Sebastian asked my eldest brother, removing the attention away from me, which I was grateful for. Then I wasn't in the spotlight any longer.

"Not too good", Nate sighed. "They want to have a meeting, but I can't find the time to do it today. Not when I have conference calls with Embry and the rest of Luca's lawyers all afternoon and properly evening too".

"Why not now? I could see in your schedule you're free the next two hours". Sebastian lifted a brow. The first time he has shown any kind of facial expression.

"We have to go to the doctor", Nate said, laying a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it lightly.

Sebastian hummed thoughtfully. "I'll take her".

I frowned, not really liking the idea. I had attached myself to Nate and wanted nothing more than for him to go with me, but I didn't say anything. I didn't want to be a problem.

Nathaniel shook his head. "I will go with Estella. Her health is more important".

Something inside my chest warmed so nicely by those sweet words. No doubt. Definitely my favorite brother.

"That meeting is just as important", Sebastian said firmly, blowing out the warmth I felt with his ice-cold tone. I could almost see the frost leaving his mouth as he spoke. "We need that deal", he added in a low tone, his crystal blue eyes darkening a little.

Nate was about to object again when the younger one held up a hand, cutting him off.

"Arrange that meeting", he ordered. You should think that he was the oldest between those two by how much authority he seems to have over Nate. "I'll join you as soon as I'm done with her", he added.