Chapter Twenty

NATHAN'S POV

"As always do I have to pry it out of you or will you tell me of your own free will?"Raul asked me.

"What do you mean?"I retorted picking up a bale of hay.

"The whistling, the faraway gaze, the cheerfulness and worst of all the silence, you're always chatting away about something."Raul demanded.

"Oh that."I chuckled realizing I must have been too lost in thought about the woman currently driving me crazy.

"Yes that, so what happened? I need to know."Raul demanded.

"You're so bossy and needy. I thought gossip was for the womenfolk."I teased.

"Spit it out."Raul gritted out unimpressed by my jab.

"Okay fine."I grumbled giving in.

"Savannah and I kissed yesterday."I confessed.

Just the mention of those words had me grinning like a fool once again. Savannah and I kissed. I had been looking forward to that moment for weeks and now that it had finally happened I was in seventh heaven.

"Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming, I thought you were excited about Ethan's birthday party this weekend or something but this is so much more interesting. I'm going to need more details though, location and everything, don't leave anything out."He demanded.

"You're such a gossip."I scoffed annoyed by his insistence.

"As long as I get all the juicy details, I don't care what you call me."Raul grinned.

"Unfortunately there's no details for you. That's all you are getting out of me."I asserted.

"Come on man."He pleaded.

"No!"I growled angrily.

"Okay fine, I'll leave it alone."Raul relented raising his hands in surrender when he realized he had gone too far.

"Thanks."I sighed relieved he was letting it go.

It felt wrong discussing what went on between Savannah and I with a third party especially in detail. We had also agreed to take it slow and not tell the kids first. I trusted Raul not to tell anyone but there's only so much I wanted him to know.

"For now."Raul declared making me chuck a bale at him.

It caught him off guard and he fell over landing on his ass making me laugh.

"Just keep it to yourself, I don't want to confuse the kids until we have everything straightened out."I demanded.

"Of course man, you have my word. Now help me up."He requested holding his hand out.

"Nope."I replied popping the p.

I left him to let himself up and decided to tend to the horses instead. At least they wouldn't ask me any questions leaving me to my thoughts.

I couldn't get Savannah out of my head or the kiss we had shared. It's something I had been hoping to happen but I had been skeptical about it. The fact that she had been the one to push me to talk about my feelings just made me like her more.

Drunk Savannah was as cute as she was bold and her lack of a filter is what had led to the progression in our relationship. I could see us going the distance but I didn't want to scare her off so I would reign in my feelings. Savannah had requested that we take things slow for both our sakes and most especially the kids. I wanted more but I would respect her wishes because she was right. I didn't want to raise the kids hopes up only to break their hearts when things did not work out between Savannah and I. I was really hopeful though so I would do my best to make sure things worked out with Savannah starting with taking her out on a proper date.