CHAPTER 5

Sneaking down the staircase, Krampus forgot to look at the couch to see if Bryce Cooper was still in a land of dreams.

Tipsy on his third glass of wine, the man gazed upon the muscular demon, not at all startled by a muscular goat in a coat walked down the steps contently.

"What else does this wine have? Am I high? Damn." He chuckled to himself and stood, having to crane his neck a bit to meet Krampus' eyes. He adjusted his shirt and belt. "You're tall." He took another sip of wine, this time forgoing the cup and gripping the bottle on the couch. He followed Krampus, stumbling slightly.

The beast of Christmas walked past the father and to the front door, ignoring his drunken stupor. His red coat fluttering a bit.

"Wait. Are you Krampus?" Bryce stepped in front of the brute.

"You're drunk." Krampus spoke matter-of-factly.

"I'm tipsy. Not drunk." Asserted the man with a smile. "I'm actually kinda a fan of you. Ever since I was a kid. Reading about you in books of legends. I'm glad you're real."

"I don't have fans." Sighed Krampus, his clawed hand on the front door handle, head turned directly at the human.

"You do though! Maybe you could talk with my son one day?"

"Beat you to it. Happy Holidays." Jerking the front door open, Krampus stuck one foot out into the cold, harsh night.

"Wait. You broke into my home. You assaulted my kid?" Bryce took another gulp of wine, staring at the creature.

"What are you gonna do about it?" The beast then shut the front door with a growl, standing up straight, fur sticking up slightly.

"Can I get you a drink?" He rubbed his neck nervously and smirked.

Pausing, Krampus investigated the face of Bryce. Seeing a clean-shaven, blonde man in descent shape was something he didn't lay his eyes on often. "If I wanna drink, I'll get something stronger than that weak ass grape juice." His deep voice was calmer.

"Can I come with? I haven't had a night out in a long time. Please?" Bryce wrapped his hand around the beefy arm of the tall goat. "Oh. My Goodness you're strong." Blushed the man.

With a nod, Krampus let Bryce grab his jacket and led him outside. Perhaps if a blush had been possible, Krampus would've done so, as the man didn't let go of his furry arm.

The demon smiled a bit, making sure not to show his obvious feeling of contentedness to this odd fellow who somehow wasn't scared out of his wits.

The two walked together, admiring the beautiful Christmas decorations. One monster and one human are on a sidewalk, flurries fell from the sky. Homes lit up the night sky and White Christmas played from some home speaker.

"So, you live with Santa?" Bryce asked, leaning against Krampus as he walked. "Must be cool!"

"It's alright. Wish I had a warmer job sometimes." Krampus looked straight ahead.

"Stay with me tonight? No one should be alone on Christmas." Smiled the man approaching the large tavern, decked out in red and green lights.

"What if your kid wakes up?"

"We'll make sure to keep him locked upstairs. Don't need him ruining our night, do we?" Bryce laughed.

Krampus chuckled deeply. "No. We don't."

"Hope we have a Merry Christmas." Bryce let the beast in first.

"Oh. We will." The goat smirked. Thinking of the many activities the two would want to try after a delightful meal.

END