part 21

We had completed our campus tour, and for the most part, everyone was tired of exploring campus. So, after only one hour, we were already on our way back to the hotel, free to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day.

For me, that meant exploring the city. Instead of being stuck in my hotel room all day, I stopped by, grabbed Tory, and went out. We arrived at a small salon and decided to get our nails done. We sat in the chairs, soaking our feet in warm water while getting our nails painted. I chose a nude baby pink color and watched as the nail technician applied it to my nails.

We waited for it to dry and patted our feet dry with a towel before slipping our shoes on.

We walked out of the nail salon and stopped by this cute cafe for lunch and a sweet dessert, a chocolate cupcake.

We returned to the hotel after getting our nails done and getting some food.

I got a few texts from Enzo, and we spent our time in the movie room, where they showed a bunch of reruns of movies. As we slurped our pina-colada slushie's, I sat next to Enzo, sharing a bowl of popcorn.

I was falling asleep after watching three long movies and said a quick goodbye to Enzo, who stayed and waited for the movie to end. I, on the other hand, left and returned to my hotel room, where I collapsed onto my bed and took a quick nap to recover from the events of the day before and from waking up early today. What was supposed to be a quick nap turned into three hours.

I was startled awake when I heard buzzing. I shifted in bed, rubbing my eyes as I yawned and turned to my side. Tory paced back and forth in the hotel bathroom, her phone up to her ear.

"Answer!" she yelled into her phone, staring at her screen.

"What... is the time?" I asked as I sat up.

"Oh, it's ten o'clock." "Did I wake you up?" She began to whisper. I shook my head, "no."

"Headed somewhere?" She had her tote bag on her bed, filled with a towel and a speaker.

"On the rooftop, there's going to be a small get-together there."

"Oh," My mouth formed an 'o'.

"Are you going?"

"No, I'm just going to shower and then watch a movie."

"Boring." She said this as she began to put on her black sandals.

"Suit yourself, but this is your last day here." "Make the best of it."

"I'll think about it," I told her as I watched her grab her tote bag, slip it onto her arm, and wave goodbye as she walked to the door.

When I heard the door slam shut, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and began scrolling through my phone. After all, it was Saturday night, so I spent a good 20 minutes watching stories about people having fun. And here I was, napping away my day.

I paused for a moment before leaping out of bed and fetching my blue swimsuit from my suitcase. I raised it in the air and walked to the bathroom, where I started undressing and putting on the swimsuit while struggling to tie it from behind. This brought back memories of the pool party. I tied a double knot to keep everything secure and in place. I then took out my white bathroom robe and wrapped myself in the soft white fabric before reaching for my light pink towel to dry myself with later.

I scanned the rooms to ensure I had everything I needed, then locked the door and began walking down the hall to the elevator, pressing the rooftop button.

The elevator stopped, bringing me to this narrow corridor. I walked to the far end and turned a sharp corner toward this glass door that led to the rooftop. I could hear the bass of the music playing once I got close to the door.