14 | boy's time

───── ❝ she's cute, but ❞ ─────

[ryunosuke chiba]

The guys are all gathered inside our dorm wearing our yukata. They made a list of the most attractive girls in their class. I hear Emei's name a few times, but she ended up in sixth place because they all thought she was crazy(for her stunt).

"You cowards are just too scared to do that yourself." Karma steps into the room holding a soda can. I don't understand how Emei puts up with him as her partner. He's incredibly sadistic.

"Well she's cute, but a little weird. Her eyes creep me out. They're so lifeless and droopy." Maehara laughed. "Maybe I should try and ask her out. What do you guys think? Would I be able to pull Chiba-chan?"

"Don't call her that. Gross." I sneer. 

"Aww. Big Chiba-chan is protective." Okajima batted his eyes, only to get flicked in the face by Isogai.

"Quit it, Okajima. This is why you're single," he huffed while fisting his palm.

Maehara signaled the redhead to take the precious piece of paper by waving it at him. "Which girl in our class do you like?"

 "Which girl in our class do you like?"

"Hmm...Maybe Okuda. She's a whizz in chemistry. Think about all the potions she can brew for my shenanigans."

Of course. This douche doesn't have a single thought of romanticism in mind.

"I don't think that's what he was asking, Karma." Nagisa sweatdropped.

"Ohhh. You mean who I'd date?"

"Yeah!" A few guys reply together. I don't see why they're so interested in this guy's love life. Romance is practically a foreign language to him.

"I dunno. No one's that attractive to me."

"Don't lie to us, man. C'mon, what do you think of girl Chiba?" I silently judged Mimura for making that comment. 

"Her? No thanks. She's a pain in the ass," Karma shrugged, sipping his can.

"Why's that, Karma?" Nagisa tilted his head. "She's so nice to you."

"If you were partnered up with that sloth for Pe, you'd think the same," Karma stuck out his tongue playfully, then grimaced as he recalled al the moments Emei almost passed out after a single lap around the track.

Honestly, I don't hold it against him for hating her lazy side. She's deadweight in team activities. 

"Alright then! If no one wants little Chiba, I'll shoot my shot!" Maehara pumped his fist in the air.

"Haha! Good luck with that, blonde," Karma taunted. He places the can on the floor and leans back, arms supporting his weight. "She's wayyy too dense to notice you."

"Maehara, if you get rejected, I'm next in line!" Okajima hyped up.

"Okajima," I frown at him coldly. 

"What's up?"

"Of all the guys in this class, I'd appreciate it if you never go near my cousin. Do you understand?"

Buzz cut boy gulps, scooting back behind Isogai. "Y-Yeah."