Chapter Six

Immediately after entering the new room, the door slammed itself shut behind Takara, a loud locking sound followed.

Turning back around looking into the room, she noticed she wasn't alone. A guy with his hood up stood in the center of the room, his back towards Takara. He hadn't acknowledged her entering the room, more concerned with surveilling the room they were now locked in.

To her left, a headset rested on a small round table along with a similar phone to the one she found in her first game. She picked up the phone for it to scan her face, registering her into the game.

Guessing that the headset would be needed for the game, Takara walked to the table and picked the headset up. Adjusting the set onto her head, pulling the mic down so it sat in front of her lips.

Once her headset was secured, part of the wall to her right slid upwards. It revealed another room opposite to the one Takara was in, glass separating the rooms.

In the other room stood a young boy, he looked no older than 14, scruffy brown hair covering his eyes. The other in the room was a much older man, probably in his 60's. He was wearing quite formal attire which confused Takara, why would he wear clothes unsuited to their predicament.

Takara flicked a switch on the side of her headset, turning it on.

"Can you both hear me over there?" She clearly spoke into the mic, holding it close to her lips.

Her voice startled the young boy, he quickly spun around to face the glass window. Noticing Takara, he turned his mic on and spoke back.

"Y-yes I can hear you, what's going on" the boy managed to squeak out, Takara felt for the boy.

"We're in a game, the only way to survive is to complete it, I'm guessing we'll have to work together to do that" she stated as calmly as she could to not scare the boy any further.

"W- what do you mean survive?? W- what's going to happen to us if we f-fail??" Fear laced the poor boy's voice.

"If we fail we die" A voice spoke out behind Takara, looking behind her, she finally saw the face of the hooded figure.

He had blonde, almost white hair that stopped just above his shoulders, two pieces of hair slightly shorter that framed his face nicely. His eyes were such a dark brown they could be mistaken for black. She noticed he had a mole just under one of his eyes. He wasn't much taller than Takara either, maybe one or so inches. To her, she thought he was kind of hot.

She was ripped away from her thoughts when she heard the boy cry out.

"W-we're gonna die?! What do you mean?! W-we have to get out of here!!" Panic laced in his voice.

"Hey hey it's okay, I won't let us die. Just trust me." Takara spoke, trying to calm him down, she continued.

"Don't worry, I was in your position only two days ago. Now look at me, I'm practically a game expert" she said encouragingly, making a grand gesture up and down her body. A small smile formed on the boy's face, amused by the girl.

The booming voice of the announcement cut their conversation short.

GAME
PUZZLE PIECE
2 OF CLUBS ♣️

RULES:

EACH PLAYER IS ASSIGNED A HEADPIECE.

BOTH TEAMS MUST WORK TOGETHER IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE PUZZLE.

ONE SIDE HAS THE COMPLETED PUZZLE LAID OUT ON THE WALL.

THE OTHER HAS THE PUZZLE PIECES SCATTERED AROUND THE ROOM.