XXIV ⋆ The Storms War

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

✩✩✩✩✩✩

There hadn't been anyone in the east wing after the party, it was empty and dusty as the storm I had created a few hours prior had dampened the wooden gates at the front entrance. The air smelled fresh. Clean and alive just like the flora that used its water to grow. The smell of wet grass was powerful, but not enough to make someone sick. It left the place appearing cozy. I liked the sounds the dirt floor made as my boots walked all over them. With my backpack behind me, I retraced the party in my head, trying to retrace my steps to find the hidden room. This might be the only chance we had to find answers and I wouldn't miss that for the world.

My footsteps rang in the halls as the east wing overflowed with silence. The wind didn't even blow, and no voices were heard within these ancient halls. If Bloom was here then she must have been keeping quiet.

Weaving through the halls, I make my way downstairs on the spiral staircase toward the storage room where we had found that woman's photo.

Four voices.

One of them was definitely Bloom and the second must be Sky, from how he trails after her like a lost puppy. He would have noticed her absence and gone to look after her, Stella must be reeling.

"People who think history is rubbish are rubbish." I hear Beatrix scoff as I get closer to the door. Ok, history nerd no need to put your insecurities onto unknowing other nerds. "Don't be rubbish. Maybe it was just a bit of foreplay."

"They are definitely not fucking, Bea." Hearing Riven speak, I shake my head practically facepalming as I hear their voices grow closer to the doorway I was at. "That would actually make, uh, Sky here interesting."

I see Bloom pass the hallway not even noticing me in the doorway, with a grumpy look on her face. She was probably not expecting the company. Sky passed next but unlike Bloom he did notice me, jumping a little. Spooked by my presence out of nowhere. He chuckles before nodding toward the idiots in the back and following after Bloom.