Chapter 16

WC: 862

Today is the day of the Yule ball. Pansy and I are getting ready in our dorm. "I'm so excited" Pansy says jumping up and down. "Same" I agree laughing, doing the final touches to my makeup. "Let me do your hair" Pansy says. "Okay" I say sitting down at the desk facing the mirror. She puts my hair into braids like I want. She puts silver gems along the plaits. "Done" She says. "It looks great! Thank you" I say standing up, as she sits down so I could do her hair. I curl her hair so it looks wavy. "Thanks Y/n!" She says. Once we finish doing our hair we put on our dresses. "Omg we look gorgeous!" Pansy says excitedly. "Well duh" I laugh. We put on our heals and grab our purses. "You ready?" Pansy asks. "You go ahead I've got to do something quick" I say. "Okay don't be long" Pansy says leaving the room. I grab my phone and check my notifications. 15 missed calls and 31 messages from ben asking me to meet him. Tonight. I hesitate for a moment before going.

Mattheo's POV
Im standing at the entrance in my black suit waiting for Y/n to come through the doors. Pansy walks through the doors without Y/n. She gives me a smile before Blaise takes her hand and they both walk into the ball. 5 minutes. I start get nervous. What if she doesn't show. 10 minutes. Okay where is she. What if she's hurt. I go into the hall to ask around. "Pansy where's Y/n?" I ask. "She's still not here?" Pansy asks confused. "No! That's why I asked you where she was" I say loudly over the music. "I don't know where she is sorry" Pansy says. I walk over to Harry and his group. "Potter have you seen your sister?" I shout. "No" He says. "She's not here?" Hermione asks. "No she isn't" I say getting annoyed. "She's there" Ron points out.

Y/n's POV
I run through the entrance to the ball. As I do everyone stares. "What happened Miss Potter" Dumbledore says once the music had stopped. "Don't worry it's not mine" I say looking down at the blood on my dress. Mattheo runs up to me. "Where have you been? What happened?" He says worried. "Nothing I'm fine however Ben isn't" I respond smirking. "What happened Y/n?" Theo says coming up behind Mattheo. Everyone was now crowded around me asking questions. "Miss Potter come with me, everyone else get back to the ball" Dumbledore shouts. As I walk out behind Dumbledore the music starts playing again, however the questions didn't stop. We enter Dumbledore's office and he turns around to face me. "Miss Potter what happened tonight." He asks.

*Flashback*
I got to where ben said to meet but he wasn't there. I heard rustling in the bushes behind me. I held my wand out in front of me in case something happened. Ben came out from around the corner. I quickly place my wand in my purse. "Why you dressed like that?" He asks. "I've got places to be Ben get this over with" I say annoyed. He walks closer to me. "Ben what do you want or can I leave" I say stepping back. "I'm sorry Y/n." He says. "Okay and?" I say annoyed. "Your a little bitch" He says backing me up to a tree and pulling a knife out. "Oh Ben your so stupid" I say flipping him around so now he is pushed against the tree. I take the knife from him. "I can smell the alcohol on you" I laugh. He doesn't say anything. "I could kill you right now" I say putting the knife to his chest. "You don't have the courage for that" He laughs. I push the knife so it starts digging into him. "Do I not?" I laugh. "I'm sorry!" He says starting to move. He moves and my hand slips. The life leaves his eyes as he is stood between me and the tree. "Oops" I laugh. "Bitch" He says before taking his last breath.

*Back to present*
"Killing a muggle!" Dumbledore says. "It was self defence!" I shout. "Where is his body" He asks. "I dealt with it" I say. "You better hope no one finds out about this" Dumbledore shouts. "Go clean yourself off and stay in your dorm. Your not allowed at the ball." "But!" I shout. "No buts, Miss Potter" He says. I leave his office and go back to my dorm. I change into my pyjamas. "Y/n? Can I come in?" Mattheo says from the other side of the door. "Yeah" I say as he walks through the door. "Care to tell me what happened?" He says sitting down next to me on my bed. "Not really" I say scrolling on my phone. "Please talk to me" He says. "You look good in a suit" I say turning to face him. "Don't change the subject but thank you. You also looked good night" He laughs. "Even covered in blood?" I laugh. "Even better" He laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
Thank you so much everyone who has read this so far!
What else would you want to see in this book?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~