Chapter 29

WC: 1247

"Hello?" I shout as I enter the door. "In here" The voice says. I take Mattheo's hand and walking to where the voice had come from. The living room.

"Y/n! Its so lovely to see you again" My aunt says pulling me into a warm hug. "You too" I laugh hugging her back. "I didn't expect you so soon" She says. "Yeah, well we thought that we could stay here tonight then go see Bens parents tomorrow." I say. "Ahh. Who's this?" My aunt gestures towards the boy awkwardly standing behind me. "This is Mattheo..." I say watching my aunt's face completely change from happy to angry. "Lovely to meet you" Mattheo says holding his hand out for my aunt to shake it. "You too" My aunt says hesitantly taking his hand to shake it. "I'm going to go put the kettle on. You two take a seat." She continues while walking out the room.

"She seems nice" Mattheo says sitting on the sofa. "Yeah she is" I laugh looking around the place as it brings back old memories, it was the exact same as before when I went to Hogwarts.

"Y/n! Can you come and help" My aunt shouts from the kitchen. "Yeah okay!" I shout back leaving Mattheo sat in the living room. "Can you grab the milk" My aunt says as I walk into the kitchen. "Yeah okay" I say pulling the milk out and putting it down next to her. "Why didn't you tell me you where dating Voldemorts son" She whispers to make sure that Mattheo who was in the other room couldn't hear her. See even though my aunt was a muggle she knew everything about the wizarding world because I had told her all those years ago when she took me in. She isn't actually my aunt, just some random muggle. But me and her are like best friends now. "I didn't think it was important" I say shrugging my shoulders. "He might kill someone" My aunt says pouring the milk. "He's not like his father!" I whisper shout making sure she is the only one who hears me.

I grab the two cups of teas that she had just made leaving the third one and taking them both into the living room. "Here" I say handing Mattheo one of the cups, while sitting down next to him while my aunt comes in the room with the last cup. "So how have you been?" She asks as she sitting on the armchair. "I've been good" I say keeping it brief. "Studies going good?" She asks me taking a sip out of her cup. "Yeah" I say bluntly.

"And the Ben situation?" She asks looking up at me. There it is. The question I wanted to avoid. "Umm... He umm..." I start. "He tried to kill me..." I continue. "So umm I killed him" I finish. "So it was self defence?" My aunt asks. "Yeah it was." I answer. "Well you can't tell Bens parents that" She says. "I know and I'm not going to" I say. "Your not using black magic again are you?" My aunt asks putting her cup on the table. "No I'm not." I answer also putting my cup on the table.

"So Mattheo, how long have you been studying at Hogwarts?" My aunt asks him. "3 years now. I started in the 2nd year" Mattheo answers finishing his tea and putting the cup on the table. "Do you like it?" My aunt continues to ask. "Yeah it good" He answers.

The next morning Mattheo and I get ready to go to Bens house. "It was lovely seeing you both" My aunt says as we head to the door. "You too" I say turning around and hugging her. "Be careful" She whispers in my ear and letting go of me. "Thank you for letting me stay" Mattheo says. "It was nice meeting you" my aunt says as I open the door. "Bye" I say as she closes the door behind us.

I knock at the door. About 30 seconds later Julie (Ben mum) answers it. "Y/n! Its great to see you come in" She says. I enter the house with Mattheo following behind me. "This is Mattheo" I say gesturing towards him. "Nice to meet you" Julie says shaking his hand. "You too" Mattheo says. "Follow me" She says taking us both upstairs to Ben rooms.

As I walked through the door it sent a flood of emotions through my body. Confusion. Sadness. Happiness. I didn't know what to feel. The memories of us coming back to me. "Kyle is at work" The women says as she pulls a box out of one of Bens draws. Kyle was Bens dad. "I don't know where my son is but he would have wanted you to have these" She says starting to cry. "You haven't seen him have you?" She continues. "No I haven't but I will keep an eye out for him." I lied. I hated lying to this women she was nothing but nice to me all those years that I've known her. "Thank you Y/n. That boy loved you so much" She says opening the box. If only she knew.

"Here" She says handing me a metal rose that had been painted badly. "We painted this on our first date" I laugh. She handed me a couple more things that him and I had made together. "Thank you" I say hugging her.

"I'm home!" A man's voice shouts from down stairs. "We are up here" Julie shouts down. He comes upstairs and stops at the door. "Y/n!" He says hugging me. "Hi Kyle" I laugh hugging him back. "This is Mattheo." I say pulling away from him. "Nice to meet you sir" Mattheo says. "You too kid" Kyle replies. "I'm going to start making dinner if you two want to join us" Julie says. "Oh no it's fine we need to get going." I answer. "I insist" She replies. "Yeah we will stay" Mattheo says. "Great" Julie says as we all head down stairs. Whilst we eat we all talk and catch up and Julie and Kyle get to know Mattheo. Obviously not everything about him. "Thanks for having us." I say as Mattheo and I leave the house.

"Y/n?" I hear a voice behind me as we are walking down the street. "When did you get back?" They continue as I turn around. "Liv? Omg its good to see you again" I laugh. "Who's this cutie" She laughs. "This is my boyfriend Mattheo" I laugh. "We need to catch up sometime" She says. "Maybe at yours?" She continues. "I'm only here for today" I say. "Right yeah of course" She says looking down. "Maybe I could come see you before new years" I say. "Yeah that would be great. We would all love to see you again. We could have a party?" Liv say's excitedly. "Yeah sounds good" I laugh. Liv always liked having parties. "You could bring some of your new friends" She laughs. "Yeah maybe" I say. "Y/n we should get going it's getting late" Mattheo says. "Yeah okay. Bye Liv" I say. "Message me!" She says. "Actually no I will message you" She continues as Mattheo and I leave.

"Who was that" Mattheo laughs. "One of my best friends" I laugh. "She seems..." Mattheo starts. "Loud? Over the top?" I laugh. "Yeah sure" He laughs.