Prologue

The dry season has once again come around. It was a difficult time in these forests of India. The days were hot and dry, and animals reluctantly searched for water, which was scarce during this time.

However, very unusuallyof course, the sky was cloud. Which did not seem right to Saya. The weather was warm and she might have guessed the signs of mother Nature. Saya, black panther with blue eyes, was a lonely adult female, sitting on her favourite her favorite Ebony tree, slightly panting due to a failed hunt. It was not easy for a black panther to hunt in the dry seasons, due to their black fur, reducing their abilities of camouflage.
Her blue eyes were gazing the clouds, concerned.
A sudden noise if dry twigs cracking made her blue orbs came down towards the ground, only to find Cleo and Scarface,the two most strong and prideful leopards, currently in love, gathering dry twigs and leaves for some reason.
She growled in frustration, gaining the two 'pards attention.
"Whatever you guys are trying to do, stop it!?" She snarled.
"Oh yeah? And why may I know?" Scarface was the first one to respond.

Saya shook her head in dissapointment. She could not even believe that she used to have a crush on Scarface. Well, it was because she did not know him very well back then, perhaps. Or maybe because he is the only dominating male around here. But it was not long before she found out what he was like. Once Cleo won him over, he started humiliating Saya, in the company of Cleo of course. She does not even know how she survived all these years with them.
"Well we are making a trap for our prey of course. I mean we really don't want to work hard if we can work smart, unlike you, two-faced cat." Cleo mocked her with a smirk
"Seriously, Cleo?" Saya sighed," ever payed attention towards the sky? You think it's gonna rain in this weather? These are clearly dry-thunderstorm clouds."

"So what, Saya? Don't tell you're worried about us. And even though you are, then don't be, we are very clever." Scarface smirked, like an idiot.
"Wha-? Lemme tell you. I'm least bothered about you two. But I do prefer my homeland, which might catch fire iF yOu twO gaThEr Dry LEAVES THAT MIGHT ATTRACT LIGHTNINGS, YOU KNOW?" She shouted at them.
"B*tch! Looks like you have forgotten your place again! I'll give you a lesson on how to respect your superiors!!" Cleo roared, as she fiercely climbed up the Ebony tree.
"Shit!" She should never have lost her temper.
She growled at now snarling Cleo as she slowly moved backwards, to the edge of the branch.
"You are all good at saying and nothing else! How dare a worthless being talk to us like that?!" Cleo shouted at her.
"B-back off..." Saya's voices trembled.
Cleo took another step towards her, and Saya gave up. She jumped of the tree.
Cleo smirked," You're really pathetic Saya."

Suddenly, a strip of light cut through the sky with a ground-shaking sound, startling all three of them.
Then, disaster striked in the form of lightning,straight in the pile of dry leaves. It was a small volt, not causing much harm to the three felines, but it was enough to catch the red flower.

There were some more lightnings around the place that directed to the ground, and in a blink of an eye, the red flower spread around the whole forest floor.
All the animals, caught in a frenzy of fear, started running towards the river, Saya, Scarface and Cleo doing the same.
They managed to jump into the river, despite of big cats hating water, it was the only way to survive.
Before flowing farther with the river current, Saya looked at the burning forest for the last time. Tears filled her eyes as the smoke choked her breathes. The forest, her home, will she be ever able to see it again?

~•○●○•~