Fixing the Broken One

It has been two days since Cleo and Scarface broke up. Ever since Cleo told Scarface what she thinks about him, Scarface has been unexpectedly quiet and did not said anything about it to anyone. But that did not really help him. The more he keeps it within himself, the more his chest's pain increases. Ever since that, he had not enjoyed anybody's company. He even skipped the classes with Bagheera. He did not wanted to face Cleo, who knows what she would do or say.
Until now, Scarface has imagined and accepted that Cleo had told everyone about how she used Scarface in the name of true love. Although it was Cleo who should be blamed, Scarface feels he is the one to be responsible for the incident.

Ugh! Why did I even chose her in the first place? And even if I did, how could I have been so blind?

The more he thought about it, the more depressed he felt.

Well, it was not really his fault that he couldn't catch that Cleo was using him, because she has actually never used him. She truly used to love him. She even used to believe that Scarface was the one for her. But her thoughts changed after meeting Bagheera. And she became so blind in love for Bagheera, that she thought it was right to break up with Scarface in the harshest way anyone can. It can be also because either she was angry or she doesn't knows how to break up politely. Anyhow, if we see everything properly, it was all Cleo's fault, and instead of fixing the mess, she decided to make it worse. But who would tell poor Scarface that?

Scarface just wanted to be forgotten and live alone. But deep down inside him, he still did not wanted to give up, not so early. So he decided he should take a walk to refresh his mind, all he could hope that no one knew about their break up.
He walked around the Peace rock. It seems that there will be somebody visiting the wolves. All wolves were looking forward for them. What surprised him was this that the pups were the ones to be the most excited. He wondered who were these visitors. He decided to go sit at a corner and turned back only to bump with a black figure. He shook his head and saw Saya in front of him.
"Oh, good morning Saya and sorry about the bump, I didn't see you." He said.
"I-It's okay, you d-don't need to apologise." Saya said, all confused.

Did Scarface just apologised to me? Did HE just said 'sorry'? That leopard who had humiliated me to almost death said 'sorry' to ME?!

Scarface gave her a weak smile and then went to a corner.
Although Saya saw Scarface as an enemy, she couldn't help but feel a little concerned about him. He seems very groggy and sad. She stared at him for a while but then looked away before it looks weird. She saw Bagheera talking to Raksha, so she decided to talk with him about Scarface.
Once Bagheera was done talking, he saw Saya standing beside him.
"Morning Bagheera!" She said.
"Good morning." He replied.

The two of them, much to Saya's excitement, have been especially close ever since they had a talk about Saya's sister. They had suspected Cleo to be Saya's lost sister(Saya was really shocked about the discovery because she knew Cleo as her arcnemesis), but decided to wait and test Cleo to be sure whether she is her sister or not. But unfortunately, neither did Cleo joined Bagheera's classes nor did she showed up ever since that. Both of them wanted to ask Scarface about her, but Scarface did not came out of a den he a Cleo made for a few days. Now, Bagheera saw Scarface sitting at a corner. "Maybe Saya wants to talk to him." He thought.
"Um.... do you see Scarface?" Saya asked hesitantly, confusing Bagheera.
"Yeah. You wanna ask him about Cleo?" Although Bagheera was confused about Saya's hesitancy, he didn't show his confusion to Saya.
"No, not really....I mean, he looks so sad, something must have happened. And Cleo isn't with him either..." she said.
"He does looks pretty sad. As for Cleo staying with him, she might has gone for hunting or something."
"I don't think Cleo would do that. Back in our homeland, the two of them would always stick together. They would do almost everything together. Cleo should have been sitting by his side right now,unless...." Saya trailed in her thoughts.
"Unless something happens between them." Bagheera completed the sentence for her.
"Maybe..... Cleo ditched him?.." Saya tried,"Okay, that would be insane." She rejected the thought herself.
"Well, I can't help you with it Saya. I haven't known them much until now, we barely talked." Bagheera replied.
"Yeah...." She said.
"Anyways, why are you worrying so much about him? Didn't you told me once that he used to humiliate you in Cleo's company?"
"I can't help it Bagheera. He looks so sad. I wish I could help him." She said.
Bagheera looked at her for a moment, then sighed," You know what Saya? You are too kind."
Saya blushed at the comment.
"So, you wanna help me to cheer up Scarface?" She asked.
"Sure, but after I welcome our guests."
"Guests?" Saya looked at him.
"Yeah? Didn't Raksha told you guys?"
"Not really." Saya replied, " so who are they?tell me. Please?" She said, excited to meet new animals.
"Well. They were born here and then decided to be nomads. Erma delivered a message from them that they have decided to come back and settle permanently in this jungle." Bagheera said.
"Yeah, thanks for the history, but I wanna know what kind of animals they are and what are their names?" She said impatiently.
"Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot the first things." He chuckled," they are called jaguars, a type of big cats, very similar to leopards. They are actually siblings. The older brother is known as Nova while the younger sister is known as Runa."
"I see..."
Suddenly, the eagle circling over their heads called out. Saya knows the eagle. Her name is Erma, she occasionally works as a messenger for the wolves. She is a good friend of Mowglie and eventually Saya and Erma became good friends.
"Guess our guests are here."
Saya nodded. As she walked by Bagheera's side, she wondered how did these 'jaguars' became so close to the wolf pack? Guess she'll find out when she'll meet them.

Scarface had asked one of the wolf pups about the visitors and figured that they are jaguars. He remembered he had once met with a jaguar in his homeland. He was impressed about the fact that jaguars often prey on crocodiles. He never thought those huge lizards would have predators. Especially someone almost about the size of leopards, and where leopards like Scarface fear those giant reptiles. He sat there waiting for the jaguars. Little did he knew thay something else was also waiting for him. Something really good.

After waiting for a few moments, Saya saw two big cats coming towards them while chatting with Raksha. They definitely looked very similar to leopards. In fact, if Bagheera didn't said that they were jaguars,she would have mistaken them as leopards. The only difference between them and leopards was that jaguars have more spots and a different pattern of spots than that of leopards.

 The only difference between them and leopards was that jaguars have more spots and a different pattern of spots than that of leopards

Though she was excited about them.

It would be a lie if it is said that Scarface was not curious about the visitors. But the moment he saw the female one, whom he remembered to be Runa, his heart skipped a beat, and then it started to hurt again. But this time the pain did not made Scarface sad, but he felt a new kind of happiness. A feeling he had never felt before. A feeling he didn't felt even for Cleo. It made him a little restless. But he stayed quiet. He was still heartbroken because of Cleo. He was scared, that she might use him too, just like Cleo. But Runa feels so different. The way she talks. The way she smiles,it makes Scarface's heart flutter.
But he thought for a second, can love come twice? Or did he never fall in love with Cleo?

Is this true love? Scarface hoped so.
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

So,this chapter might not be the best because I couldn't find a single appropriate word at almost every line. Something happened in my home and it made me feel bad and I couldn't focus.😔
Anyway, my story reached 200 reads! I know it's very normal for some great writers, but I'm not a great writer, so I'm really happy for 200 reads. Thanks to all those who had read my book! You all are the best.
\(^_^)/♡♡

Bye!