CHAPTER 7: Coming back

Author's pov

"If we have a pond or a lake near our house,,,that means we have a huge property to look after...... it's our responsibility to keep our surroundings clean.... remember, a pond or a lake is an expensive part of this biodiversity....."

The play has started on the street. Today's play is on environmental cleanliness.

"Save environment, save humanity"

Total 7 to 8 girls and boys were taking part on that play including Sanjh and Amir. Amir is playing the role of a boy who is throwing garbage on the pond, while Sanjh is playing the role of a married woman who regularly use the pond to clean her dishes.

People has gathered around the play. They were watching eagerly.

Finally the play got over with a song by Sanjh and Amir. Other members danced according to the rhythm.

The play got over with huge claps.

The leader of this group is Avinash Singh. He paid everyone after the play. Avinash walked near Sanjh and Amir.

"You both did a great job....take this"

He gave them their share of money.

"Thanks Bhaiya"

Sanjh said.

"Oh c'mon Sanjh, how many times I have to tell you to not call me bhaiya..."

Avinash said with a sad face. Sanjh giggled.

"I can't help it... seriously"

She said while smiling.

"My poor luck! Anyway, next play will be on next month...I think we should start the rehearsal from tomorrow....the topic is child abuse.....Sanjh you will do the choreography and Amir, you will write a song, okay?"

Sanjh and Amir looked at each other and smiled. They love to do that.

Avinash left from there after few more minutes.

Sanjh and Amir sat side by side on a tea stall.

"So, are you planning to apply for a job?"

Sanjh asked him excitedly.

"I don't know... I'm confused"

Amir said while sipping his tea.

"Why? You should apply for a job you know....you topped in the final exam..."

"I know but I'm not sure what I exactly want...."

"Listen Amir, you were always very studious,,,I want to see you as a successful person...."

Sanjh said with so much hope on her eyes.

"What is the definition of success Sanjh? What is more important in this life, success or happiness?"

Amir asked looking at Sanjh.

"They both can come side by side..."

She said to him.

"But i can't digest success...if I want something in my life permanently, it's only your presence.....And I know how much you are scared of success...Deep down you have a thought that successful people always leave you.....They have got bigger ambition...I don't want to become successful, also I don't have a bigger ambition......why can't we spent this life on street play like this....our requirements are very minimum....we don't need a big mansion to spent this life.....we just need each other....."

A lump has formed on Sanjh's throat after hearing Amir's words. She averted her gaze.

"You are making me emotional... don't do this okay.... Sanjh Mathur is not a kid anymore....she doesn't like to cry....you know what the real thing is you are scared of the outer world..... that's why you are putting this on me..... I'm a strong girl and I don't need anyone around me... it's you who needs me..."