Chapter 9

Hayley pov
I don't know how? Emily always convinces me to go to these things. I guess it's her Di Laurentis charm. Tonight she dragged me out to a blind double date with some guy she met at a party. All she said was that he's blonde and plays hockey. It just so happens that he brought a friend. So I'm guessing my date is another jock ego strap who doesn't know his left from his right. I'm sure that intelligent jock guys exist, but none at Briar U . Tonight, I'm wearing one of Emily's mom's old college dresses. All I can say is Allie Di Laurentis is tiny, and I am not, so this dress is a little tight. Emily says I look hot, but I don't see it but if I say anything, she will hit me. 

We get to the movie theater and wait for the guys to arrive. I'm already munching on the popcorn as we wait. "so, how much do you know about this guy?" she takes the popcorn from my hands. "Enough."  We wait ten more minutes, and a tall, blue-eyed blonde jock walks up to us. He has a cute childish grin, and when he greets Emily, he hugs her. Yep, he's a goddam golden retriever. I smile because so is Emily. But my smile slowly fades when I see who's next to him. You've got to be fucking kidding me! how many times am I going to run into Braylen? "Hi" he glares at me and then back at Trip "Is this a joke?" Trip laughs in amazement "I swear I didn't know she would be here, man." we all stand there until Emily finally breaks the silence "Ok can we please just watch the movie I already spent money on it." Trip agrees "I was thinking the same thing." As much as I don't want to be here I know that Emily has been looking forward to this. So I put on a fake face "Yea I guess we should enjoy the movie."