Chapter 11

Hayley POV

I stared at my phone, my heart racing as I contemplated the call I was about to make. Avoiding my parents had become, too hard for me I knew that eventually I would have to face them. Taking a deep breath, I dialed my father's number and held the phone to my ear.

It only took a few rings before my father's voice came through, strong and familiar, yet tinged with concern. "Hayley? Is that you?"

My throat tightened, and for a moment, I struggled to find my voice. "Yeah, Dad. It's me."

There was a brief pause, as if he was trying to process the fact that I was finally reaching out. "Hayley, we've been worried sick. Your mom and I tried reaching you, but you weren't answering. Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes, feeling the weight of guilt settling on my shoulders. "I'm... I'm fine, Dad. I just... I didn't know how to face you after what happened."

His tone softened, infused with understanding. "You know we're here for you, no matter what, right?"

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. "I know, Dad. But I messed up so bad. You've worked so hard to build your career, and now this... I don't want to be a disappointment."

There was a sigh on the other end of the line, a mixture of frustration and compassion. "Hayley, you're not a disappointment. You're our daughter, and we love you. Yes, mistakes happen, but we'll get through this together."

I blinked back tears, overwhelmed by the depth of his words. "Dad, there's a video... A video of me that went viral. I was at that party, and... I was drunk, and someone recorded it."

His voice tightened with concern. "Hayley, we'll handle this. Don't worry about the media. We'll talk to our publicist, and we'll figure out how to handle the situation."

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Thank you, Dad. I'm so sorry for everything."

"Hayley, just promise me you'll communicate with us. We can't help if you shut us out."

A tear slipped down my cheek. "I promise, Dad. I'll do better."

We talked for a while longer, my father's reassurances gradually easing the knot of anxiety in my chest. As we hung up, I felt a mix of relief and gratitude. Despite the fame, the spotlight, and my mistakes, my parents were still there for me, ready to guide me through even the darkest of times. And for the first time in days, I felt a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, I could face the storm that had become my life.

Braylon pov

As we geared up for practice, the locker room chatter faded into the background, replaced by the hum of anticipation. The coach's voice resonated through the air, a symphony of strategy and guidance. 

The first drill began, and I shot forward, the bite of the cold air in my lungs invigorating. My muscles responded to every command, honed through countless hours of practice. The puck danced at my command, and as I weaved through my teammates, a sense of pride went through me.

Passes were crisp, shots were powerful, and I was unbreakable. As the drills progressed, I exchanged nods and encouraging words with my teammates. Grayson had even given me a nod of encouragement.

And then, a break came. I skated over to the bench, the cold metal biting into my skin as I caught my breath. My eyes swept across the ice, where dedication and passion converged. 

As the practice continued, I could feel the rhythm of the game coursing through my veins. The slap of pucks against sticks, the shouts of encouragement, and the sound of blades carving the ice – it all blended into a symphony that made everything else in life make sense.

The final buzzer sounded, and we skated to a stop, sweat-soaked and breathless. As we headed back to the locker room, some senior approached me saying how well I did today. It made me feel good.

With a sense of fulfillment, I stripped off my gear and exchanged high-fives with my teammates.