Regrets

Once Mischa left I returned to the kitchen "cual es su nombre?" I asked looking at Liliana "le puse Alejandra" she replied as she gestured the little girl to come over with me, she was lovely, she had my smile, her mothers eyes, I didn't need to know her to feel that I love her, I always wanted to have a child of my own, I kept thinking about what Mischa said, she can't have children.

I don't care if she can't have children, what is my life without her in it, I have a child, and even though I would love one with her I will not but her health at risk for a baby when we can always adopt, I can't see my future without her in it "Alejandro" called out my mom pulling me out of my thoughts "si mama?" I questioned "ya llevo rato hablándote mijo que estás pensando?" she asked "Mischa" I answered truthfully to which Liliana rolled her eyes.

"mama, a Mischa la conocí por trabajo, pero con el tiempo me di cuenta de lo linda que es, como se preocupa por todos, como pone a todos antes que ella y me enamore de ella, ya no hay esperanza para Liliana y yo pero si estaré presente para la niña" I said as I turned to look at Liliana "yo amo a Mischa, ella es mi futuro, me asegurare de Alejandra tenga todo lo que necesite" I said as I gave Alejandra a kiss on her forehead and put her on the floor so she could go with her mom.

"lo que tú decidas, yo te apoyo hijo" said my mom with a smile "entonces veo que no hay esperanza para nosotros" said Liliana "no, lo siento" I replied "esta bien, sólo espero que ella si te trate bien" she said with a honest smile, I nodded, I decided that I would be spending the night there to give Mischa some space.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes, mother knows how much I love them "buenos días dormilón" said mother as I walked into the kitchen "buenos días madre" I said as I placed a kiss on her forehead "dormiste bien?" she asked "hubiera dormido mejor con Mischa aquí" I replied with a sigh "que paso anoche?" she questioned and I sat down to tell her what happened outside between Mischa and I.

"la amas?" she questioned "si mama, sin dudarlo daría mi vida por ella" I replied "entonces no dejes que algo como lo qué pasó anoche se interponga entre ustedes mijo" she said as she handed me a plate of pancakes with bacon and eggs "gracias mama" I said as I started eating.

Once I finished I said bye to everyone and started making my way back to the base, I stopped by a flower shop first to get Mischa some flowers, I think one time she mentioned she loves tulips.

I got to the base and entered, Rudy was in the living room watching tv "oye hermano, y Mischa?" I asked
"en su cuarto, she hasn't left it since she got here last night" he said, I nodded and went to her room, I knocked, no response, knocked again, no response "Mischa, amor, soy yo, mira no me importa if we can't have kids, what I do care about is you being in my life" I said, I heard movement in the room, then the door got unlocked.

I entered her room, she was sitting at the edge of her bed, I sat down next to her "I got you these" I said as she looked the tulips "thanks" she whispered as she took them from my hand and put them on the nightstand next to her bed, we sat in silence for a few minutes until I broke the silence.

"just because, Liliana is the mother of my child doesn't mean I'm gonna leave you for her, or that I have feelings for her, cariño, I love you to the point that I would die for you, I would kill for you" I said as I grabbed her hand "nothing will change that" I added "Alejandro, what will happen the day you want a child huh?" "then what, will you still love me?" she asked "I will love you, every version of yourself, any flaw you think you have I will love it, I will love you no matter what" I answered as I grabbed her hands and kissed her "I love you" she whispered
———————————————————————————
The end or should I continue it