• 12

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

"you okay?" chris asks, plopping down on his bed next to mae.

a few minutes ago, he went downstairs for a snack and found mae rummaging through the cabinets. she explained that she was planning to sleep in nick's room with him but he fell asleep on the couch so she decided to just find some food to eat.

chris then invited her to his room to hang out so they can be lonely together since nick and matt ditched them both by going to sleep.

"yeah," mae replies. "yeah, i'm good. why?"

"oh nothing, you were just creepily staring at the wall." he says with a chukle, sitting up so he's right beisde her. "are you ... sure you're okay?"

"mhm," mae nods with a fake smile.

honestly, though? she's not sure if she is good. she's trying her absolute hardest to think about something other than rian and alice, but she can't. her mind keeps reminding her of the memory of them. it's like it's constantly playing on loop.

she doesn't want to even admit what's going on. she wants to just pretend like everything is fine. like it never even happened at all.

chris glances at her skeptically, not believing that she's okay. he can tell that she's lying and that something is on her mind. but he doesn't want to force her into talking to him if she's not comfortable so instead, he offers her a source of distraction.

"if you'd like to take your mind off of everything," he suggests, leaning off of his bed and digging through the drawer of his nightstand. "i have mario kart."

chris pulls out two nintendo controllers, offering one of them to mae. she smiles, thankfully, before grabbing it from him.

"by the way," she warns him, "i've never played this before, so i might suck."

chris gasps, "you've never played mario kart!?"

"nope." mae says with a laugh. chris smiles when he hears her laughing. even if it's only for a second, he's happy that she's not upset anymore. "alice and i were literal menaces when we were kids. we would destroy all of our toys -- especially electronics. so, our parents never got us anything really nice like this."

the brief mention of her sister brings a sudden sadness to the atmosphere. mae quickly shakes it off and returns her attention to the TV in front of them. chris doesn't fail to notice the way she stopped smiling for a second, though.

𝑳𝑶𝒀𝑨𝑳𝑻𝒀 - 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨 { ✓ }On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara