• 48

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

with nothing to do all week except for plan and anticipate her birthday / halloween, mae finished inviting everyone and also picking out her halloween costume. everyone else did the same.

she invited the triplets ( of course ), cora, lorelai, her cousin kent, and bunches of old friends she hadn't seen in a while. chris has been helping her set up decorations all morning since the party is tonight.

"i hope you like the cake i bought." chris says, hiding the cake in the back of the fridge.

"if you were the one who chose it, i'm sure i'll love it." mae tells him with a birght grin, trying to peak into the fridge and sneak a glance at the secret cake. chris notices her looking and he shuts the fridge, laughing.

nick enters the kitchen with a groan, "quit flirting and keep setting up the shit."

"what? we were not flirting." chris and mae say in unison, with the same exact body language and tone of voice. nick chuckles at their obliviousness and grabs a bag of chips from the cabinet behind mae.

he looks down at her, "are you excited for your party?"

"of course i am." mae says with a large smile spreading across her face that chris can't help but stare at and admire. "i haven't felt this excited in a long time."

"i'm happy that you're happy." nick tells her.

"we all are." matt adds, joining the trio in the kitchen. "but cora and lorelai will be here in a few minutes and after that, people will just keep coming -- so you might want to speed it up."

"hey guys!" cora screams as she lets herself into the sturniolos' house. "i've come bearing gifts and extravagance."

"CORA!" mae shouts, running and hugging her. cora is dressed up as mario and lorelai is luigi. the duo is matching -- wearing the same stained, large pair of overalls and the same long sleeve, neon shirt and hat. the only difference is that their shirts and hats are different colors.

"i like the mustaches." nick compliments them, pointing to the cardboard cut-outs of cartoon facial hair.

"aww, thanks." lai says, "i made them without cora's help."

mae wasn't lying when she said that this is the happiest she's been in a while. she'd spent every birthday in her life with her family who would neglect her and just focus on her sister instead. but now -- for the first time in her life -- she's spending her birthday with the people who make her happiest.

the happiness she feels makes her worried. like something will go wrong and this will all come crashing down on her. the universe never lets her be this happy. so she's decided to take advantage of this limited bliss and excitement while it lasts.

"hey," lorelai smiles, holding up a small box covered in christmas wrapping paper -- it's blue with snowmen and penguins lining the material. "where do you want the gifts?"

"on that table over there." matt directs her over to a small table where the triplets put their gifts this morning.

nick looks over at mae and grins, "let's go put on our costumes!" he then grabs her by the hand and drags her away into his room where she had been keeping her outfit.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ
a/n : just came in to say that i love your guys comments