• 43

『 LOYALTY 』{ messages , irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ messages , irl }

maeve : wifey poo 🤞
cora : wifey bear 🐻

wifey poo 🤞
where are you?

wifey bear 🐻
i'm using the bathroom
why
what's up

wifey poo 🤞
stay there, i'm coming to the bathroom

wifey bear 🐻
uhh
okay??

wifey poo 🤞
i just wanna talk to you about chris

wifey bear 🐻
oh that
yeah sure ig i can wait

mae walks up to the bathroom, but before she can open the door, she sees someone approaching her in the corner of her eye.

"mae," the person says. she turns and recognizes the person as chris.

"chris?" she utters, stepping away from the bathroom and toward him. "what're you doing here?"

"i wanted to check on you. you've seemed kinda off all day." chris admits, leaning against the wall. "it's worrying me, and i wanted to make sure you were okay."

"i'm fine, thanks for asking." mae quickly responds before turning to go into the bathroom.

but before she can even open the door, a random thought pops into her head.

"actually," mae says, turning back around to face chris again. "i have a question."

"what is it?"

"i've just been wondering what you and cora talked about." mae says, feeling a little guilty for using him just to get an answer.

"uhh, what do you mean?"

"when you two talked privately." she explains. "after whatever you two talked about, you've been best friends. so i can't help but her curious."

"well why don't you just ask cora? aren't you two super close?"

mae hesitates. "she won't tell me."

as soon as she says that, something clicks in chris' mind. of course she's curious. of course she wants to know what's going on.

mae has been betrayed and cheated on and she has suffered.

all she wants is to make sure that her best friend isn't crushing on the first guy she kissed since all the shit that happened with rian.

"we're-" chris stammers, thinking through what he's about to say. "we're just friends."

mae's eyes widen in shock. "what?"

"we're not anything more than friends."

"i know." mae says, raising a brow at chris. "cora is lesbian."

chris automatically feels stupid.

"oh."

this miscommunication makes mae laugh. like really laugh. she tosses her head back. then she can't stop herself from laughing even harder when her head hits the brick wall.

"its not that funny!" chris says, also laughing.

mae tries to speak but her voice betrays her, masking her attempt at words with giggles.

"mae? chris?" mae's laughter automatically dies down when cora steps out of the bathroom at stares at them, confused. "what are you two doing out here? what about the movie?"

"i came to find mae." chris explains.

"and i came to find you." mae says.

"yeah, i saw your text." cora holds up her phone, showing the messages. "i was waiting for you in the bathroom like you said. then i heard you guys talking out here."

"sorry, cora. chris came up to me and i got distracted and completely forgot that you were waiting."

"i'm distracting, hm?" chris teases. mae gently elbows him in the gut to shut him up. now is not the time for flirting.

"why'd you need to talk about?" cora asks.

"i've just been wondering about yours and chris' texts. you've been acting really weird and it's worrying me." mae admits.

cora looks at chris for an answer but he just shrugs. she rolls her eyes and says, "ask chris if he wants to show you the messages. it's more of his business than mine."

"what do you mean his business?"

"he was explaining something to me. and it's his feelings on a topic. that's why i didn't want to tell you. it's not my place to say anything."

mae to at chris, expectantly.

chris knows that he can't show mae the texts. because he and cora were talking about chris' feelings for mae. he can't show her that. she can't know how he feels.

sure, they kissed yesterday. but that doesn't mean that he should tell her that he's fucking in love with her.

what if she only kissed him because she felt bad?

"we were talking about a girl that cora met. she thought she was cute and stuff." chris says, making up the first excuse he could think of. "she was asking me for advice on how to talk to girls."

cora shoots chris a 'what the fuck are you talking about' look. chris shrugs.

"oh my god!" mae cheers, catching both of her friends off-guard. "cora! what did she look like? you haven't had a crush in so long!"

cora chuckles awkwardly, "yeahhh,"

"sorry for making such a big deal about this, i was just scared that you guys were talking about me." mae apologizes, but she's too excited about her friends new crush to worry about the guilt she feels. "what color were her eyes? i know you have a think for brown eyes."

"mhm, they were brown." cora says, digging a deeper hole of lies. "really dark brown."

mae giggles, "what about her hair? what color was her hair?"

"uhh," cora thinks for a moment. "blonde. but she had, uhm- darker roots."

mae talks to cora about her new 'crush' the entire walk back to the theatre. meanwhile, chris is walks behind them and feels like a dick for lying. but what was he supposed to do?

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ
a/n : OH MY GOD. THIRTY THOUSAND READS??? I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH