t h r e e

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

We finally reached the old palace after some hours. All I could see during those suffocating hours were trees and only trees and on top of that the carriage didn't have a window either but only small holes for air to pass through and for me to peek out. And they call it luxury.

One of the eunuch opened the door of the carriage and my maids got out before forwarding their hands for me which I ignored and jumped out without a care. I started stretching out while the others stared at me like I had grown a second head. At this point, I won't even be surprised even if I grow another head.

An elderly lady cleared her throat and comes forward. "Welcome Sultanım. I'm Afife Hatun, the head treasurer of the Harem. I hope you had a safe journey."

I nodded. "Thank you, Afife Hatun." I said and started looking around. The palace wasn't that big like the Topkapı and also looked quite old but peaceful.

From what I heard from Ayla, being exiled to the old palace means losing the favour of the Sultan. She seriously cried for me while I was happy to lose his so-called favour. That way he won't give a damn to me and I can do anything I want. She also told me there will be other Sultanas here and concubines of the previous Sultan.

"Sultanım, would you like me to show you to your chamber?" Afife asked politely.

"Lead the way," I said and she nodded before walking ahead and I followed her with my maids. The inside looks more grim and old. The interior designs look so old that it didn't look like a palace resided by the Sultanas of the previous Sultans. It looks like a haunted place.

"This is the Haram, Sultanım. Where the concubines and the Sultanas of the late Şehzadeler and previous Sultans live." Afife said as we entered a big Hall. There were young girls who were talking while the old ladies were sitting at one corner either talking or doing some needlework. But everyone stopped when they saw me.

"Afife, who is that?" An elderly woman, who was probably in her late 70s asked as she stood up with a warm smile on her face and approached it.

"Sultanım, it is Her Majesty Ayşe Sultan, the Baş Haseki of Hünkarım." Afife introduced and the colour on the face of the old Sultana vanished.

"Why are you here, Ayşe. What do you want?" Her warm smile turned into a cold one as she asked me harshly. "Did that cruel monster and his devil mother send you here to kill me!?" I winced at her words.

"Sultanım-" Afife tried to speak but was cut off by her again.

"That evil Hafsa already killed my son. What more does she want?" She questioned while I stood there dumb found. What the hell is going on?

"May I ask who you are?" I asked awkwardly and she went silent. Afife quietly went to her side and whispered something into her ears while she nodded silently.

"So that was the reason." She said and Afife nodded. She thought for some moments before turning to me. Her expression is unreadable. "My dear, you had a long journey. I'll have the maids prepare hammam for you." I nodded and left with Afife leading the way.

"Who was she?" I asked as soon as we were out of the Harem.

"She is Valide Hüma Sultan, the former Valide Sultan. Mother of the previous Sultan, Sultan Mehmed Khan." Afife said as we climbed the stairs

"Sultan's grandmother?" I asked to which she answered with a yes.

So this is how the Sultan treats his grandmother. By exiling her to this shitty looking old palace that looks like it's being haunted by the spirits of all the women that died here after being exiled.