f o u r

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

She walked in with her head down but it was not of respect but forced. She looked a little older than me with jet black hair and fair skin with a beautiful pair of dark brown eyes that almost looked black and complimented her hair. She had an elegant figure, every inch of her screamed elegance.

She bowed, "Sultanım." She raised her head and her eyes met mine. I could see the hatred right through her eyes. "I wonder what Her Majesty, the Baş Haseki Sultan needs from a mere slave girl like me?"

I gulped the lump that was forming in my throat. Why was I feeling guilty when it wasn't me who did her wrong? "I believe I ask for both of you to come, not you alone."

"Sultanım, leave my daughter out of this. You have already deprived her of her rights as a Sultana, we don't want anything to do with the Royal Family." She said.

I nodded. "Aykiz, I'm sorry. Ayşe was stupid and immature. She was dumb. I apologise on her behalf." I said and she looked at me, dumbfounded. Then it hit me. I sounded dumb and stupid.

"Listen, I fell into the lake and now I don't remember anything. I just heard from Ayla what kind of cruelty I have shown towards you and your daughter. I apologise. I know apologising won't bring back- how old is your daughter again?"

"Three," She said, still looking at me dumbfounded.

"Yes, right. My apology won't bring back the three years you spent in exile nor the love and luxury that I took away from your daughter. But I promise, I'll make everything right. I'm already here so why not enjoy some time here causing people headaches and turning the history upside down? So yes, like I was saying I'm going to make everything right ok?" I rambled on without a care to the world.

She nodded with her eyes wide open. Was it because I apologised or because I was rambling about God knows what, making a fool out of myself.

"What is her name?" I asked.

"Hanzade, Sultanım." She whispered.

"Beautiful name," I said as I motioned her to take a seat opposite to mine. She hesitated for a bit until she finally sat down.

"Sultanım, I heard about the loss of the Şehzadeler. My condolences." She said sincerely and I nodded.

"Tell me about Hanzade." I said and her eyes lightened up at the mention of her daughter. Her eyes were dreamy, filled with love like of lovers deeply in love as she spoke about her daughter.

"She likes to walk in the garden and collect flowers so much, Sultanım. It's really hard to run around chasing after her." She said with a chuckle.

"You don't have maids?" I asked out of curiosity. As long as I remember, Hanzade was a member of the dynasty. Despite everything, shouldn't she be treated like one?

Her face fell. The bright smile was replaced with a sad one. "I wish Sultanım. I want to give her everything but Valide Sultan has different reasons."

"What did that witch do again?" I asked with my nose crunched in disgust at the mention of that woman's name.

She looked at me in shock before composing herself. "Who am I to complain, Sultanım. We have roofs over our head and food that fill our stomach. We are thankful to God."

She didn't want to say so I didn't force her. She left soon, as it was already night and it was getting late and Hanzade was alone with one of the maids.

I was deep in my thoughts when Ayla came in with a glass of warm milk. "Sultanım, what are you thinking?" She asked as she set the glass on the table in front of me.