f i v e

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The place looked lively with people walking around looking and buying things that the sellers were selling. I could smell the sweet smell of sweets mixed with the smell of spices in the air. I walked around happily with my arms hooked with Ayla's, whose brows were furrowed in worry.

After a lot of convincing and almost leaving her behind, she finally agreed but guess what? As she said and I quote 'We can't put your life at risk, so I told Afife Hatun'. She promised not to tell anyone only if I take some guards with me. So here we were, with me and Ayla walking around in simple clothes with our hoods on and the guards and two of the Harem ağa following us, close behind in disguise.

"Ayla let's go and taste that." I said pulling her towards the shop where some kind of sweets were being sold.

"Sultanım, slowly-"

"Sshh, mind your words." I hissed at her in a low tone. "Just call me by my name."

"But how can I dare, Sultan-"

"Ayla, for God sake please. We are out dressed as a commoner among them, remember? I'm not a Sultana. Call me by my name." I said.

"No I cannot. I'll just call you my lady." She kept on insisting and I didn't have the energy to argue with her anymore so I just let it be.

We tried some sweets but not before her tasting it first because she thought someone would try to poison me, out here, where no one knows my real identity. She is really something else.

Then we went around looking for things. That's when something caught my eyes. I saw a cute little toy shop with a little boy and his sister watching over it. I went there and smiled at them. "Are you the owner of this shop?" I asked the boy who nodded confidently.

"Yes, I am. Would you like to purchase anything, beautiful lady?" He asked with a sweet smile and I chuckled at his sugar coated words.

"How old are you and your sister?" I asked, looking at the things.

"I'm seven and my sister is two." He said, showing me his five fingers. I can't help but laugh at his cuteness.

"Osman, what did I tell you?" A woman said as she walked inside the store from somewhere behind. "Not to bore the customers with your talks." Then she turned to me and smiled, "Is there something you would like to purchase from here, my lady?"

"Osman," I whispered. "Is your name Osman?" I asked and the boy nodded with a smile.

"My son's name was also Osman." I said and from the corner of my eyes I could see Ayla quietly wiping her tears away. I took out my handkerchief from under my sleeves and handed it to her and she quietly took it.

The woman was glancing between me and Ayla and maybe she got a hint that my son was no more from the way I said it and gave me a weak smile. The last thing I want here is someone's sympathy.

I immediately grabbed the doll nearest to me and handed it to the woman. "I want this." I said and she nodded. I took out a small pouch of money and handed it to her directly.

"But it's only-"

"Keep the rest. I hope it helps." I said as I quietly took the doll from her and handed it to Ayla. "I wish for the best of your children." Then I turned to look at the boy and waved at him and he waved back with a big smile.

I took some steps back and turned back to leave when I crashed into someone, more like someone crashed into me.

"Watch your way, lady." A deep voice said in annoyance as he literally pushed me away. How dare he!? He was a tall man with a well built body and broad shoulders but who cares about it. I grabbed his arms and forcefully turned him around with all my force.