Chapter 2

here ya go

“Emilee!” Someone shouted. I opened my eyes. I was in the nurse’s office. Emma and Cadion were standing over me. The nurse was the person who called my name. As soon as I sat up the nurse checked to make sure I was okay. Then she gave me some pain medicine. “You are very lucky Cadion caught you before you hit the floor. And that they took you here.” She said. I looked at Cadion.

         “Thanks.” I muttered. He nodded.

         “Emilee, how did you get these bruises?” Emma asked me. I turned away from her.

         “I fell.” I muttered.

         “Uh-huh.” I looked at her. She didn’t look like she believed me. I don’t care what she thinks. I don’t care what anyone thinks. If anyone finds out about my step-father he’ll kill my mother. I glared at her. She seemed surprise at my change of attitude.

         “Miss Marie, can I leave?” I asked coldly. Miss Marie nodded.

        “It’ll be best if they take you home.” She said. I groaned but stepped towards the door. Cadion and Emma followed me.

        “You don’t have to come with me.” I told them.

        “We want to. Your motorcycle is already at your house.” Emma said. I walked quickly to my house. When I got there I saw my mom’s car in the driveway. I sighed in relief. Emma looked at me in puzzlement. I shook my head at her. My mom was cooking supper when I walked in. She smiled when she noticed I had people with me.

       “Hello. My name is Annabelle.” She said shaking hands with Cadion and Emma. They both smiled back.

      “I’m Emma and this is my brother, Cadion. We’re new. We dropped Emilee off. She passed out in class.” Emma said. My mom looked at me worried.

        “Emilee! Are you okay?” She asked.

         “I’m fine, mom. I was just tired.” I glared at Emma and Cadion making sure mom didn’t find out the real reason. Emma seemed to catch on. Just then my step-father walked in. he stared at Emma and Cadion like they didn’t belong. Then he looked at me and I knew I was going to regret talking to Emma. I flinched away from him. No one seemed to notice except Emma and Cadion. Emma grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

          “We’re going to pick you up in the morning.” She said. I panicked.

          “No. You can’t. Please.” She shook her head and walked away. Cadion turned to me and smiled. He hugged me and just stood there.

         “Don’t let Emma pressure you.” He said. It was the first thing he said to me. His voice was muscular and hot. I smiled at him. He hugged me once more and ran off. I walked back inside slowly. Mom was setting the table.

        “I am so glad your hanging out with friends again, Emilee.” She said. My step-father wasn’t in there. I smiled at her. I ate dinner quickly then took a shower and go to bed.

         “GET THE FUC* UP, BITC*!” He screamed. I jumped out of my bed. “You told them didn’t you?!” I shook my head no.

        “No. I promise I didn’t. I don’t even like them. They hang out with me on their own.” I said desperately.

        “You don’t deserve anything. You ARE nothing!” He yelled. I couldn’t stand it. I ran downstairs. I knew he was following me. Too soon I was out of breath. It was because of my already bruised stomach. I fell down. I felt him hover over me.

      “Bitc*! You know better than to run from me!” He said kicking me in my ribs.

      “Stop! Please!” I yelled in pain. Suddenly the door broke down. I saw someone fly at my step-father.

      “Emilee! Are you okay?” Emma asked me. She was standing above me. I nodded weakly. She offered her hand and she pulled me up. “How long has this been going on?” I looked down.

      “A year.” I whispered.

      “Why didn’t you tell anyone?” 

       “He threatened to kill my mom.”

        “You’re going to live us from now on. I’ll have someone keep an eye on your mother. Get your things.” I nodded and hurried upstairs. I pack all the stuff I needed in one bag. There was a knock on the door when I was finished. I opened it and there stood Cadion. He smiled at me. He grabbed my hand and I felt electric shocks go through me.

          “It’s you.” He whispered.

    please comment, vote, or become a fan.