XV

Alver Crossman is currently sulking. The Palace of Joy was in a gloomy mood. The prince, who seemed to be experiencing love-sickness, would hiss loudly if they made a mistake.

The bastard who created their prince in this manner is not calling him at all.

Countless sighs echoed throughout the room. Numerous hair dye spells were cast to enhance his glamour and attractiveness, waiting... just waiting for one call.

After spending some time in that rural village, it pained Alver to leave Cale without saying anything, so he left a message through the communication device.

However, after so much time, the blasted Cale Henituse is not replying. Only when he went to Mogoru that he learned what Cale had been doing...

"Just what the hell have you been doing?"

Alver's voice sounded quite chaotic.

"Why does Commander Toonka refer to you as his friend? Why are you the Jungle's hero? Even one of the Breck Kingdom's princes inquired about you and his sister, and everyone came over to inquire about you before leaving. You're driving me insane."

He just kept ranting. Is Cale only supposed to pay attention to me? Why bother bothering with other kingdoms?!

He'd spent the entire day staring at the communication device. He even left thousands of messages, but no one responded.

"The audacity," Alver hisses and groans as he rises to his feet. "Don't answer if you don't want to! Let's see if you have nothing to ask of me."

Oh. That sounds very childish.

Tasha smiled secretly because this was the first time her nephew was looking forward to talking to someone, let alone someone who shared his thoughts.

Birds of a feather truly do flock together.

"Haaaaaaa, anyway, I'm returning with one of the Breck Kingdom's princes. Oh, and the Pope of the Church of the Sun God is dead. The criminals are the twins who were the Church's Holy Maiden and Saint. They are said to be on the run, but nobody knows where they went."

Cale would probably contact him after receiving these, right?

He smiled as he brushed his hair to the back of his head.

"Sigh, what a mess, what a total mess."

Nope! Cale must respond to me.

Alver did everything he could to set up a meeting with the redhead if he ever decided to contact him. There was never enough paperwork!

He had completely forgotten that he was waiting for Cale's call. He'd been chatting with dignitaries and even babysitting a prince from another kingdom.

It's nice not to think about Cale, but this workload is definitely putting a strain on his patience. Especially now that the Northern Kingdom has formed an alliance.

*ring! ring!*

He plugged in the communication device and turned to face the person who had contacted him. Alver, whose face appeared on the video communication device, did not appear to be in good health. He was staring at Cale as if he was trying to figure out who he was.

Cale did not tell him about the Northern Alliance. It had not been the appropriate time to say it. However, now was the appropriate time.

"Didn't the three Northern kingdoms form an alliance?"

Alberu did not respond to Cale's question, instead observing him quietly. After a while, he finally cracked a gentle smile.

Smile, Alver, smile.