XVI

[CALE HENITUSE'S POV]

"Cale, it appears that His Highness, the Crown Prince, is lavishing you with attention that no noble has ever received."

Cale got chills when his father said that.

"And it's more intimate than a lord would do to his vassal..."

"You're joking, father; his Highness just likes me."

Cale had noticed the same thing. Despite keeping the Crown Prince at arm's length, he had the uneasy feeling there was more to it. He's a dense bastard, but not that dense considering how Alver Crossman treats him more than usual.

He felt shivers run down his spine. He had heard of BL genres but had never read one.

He simply decided to ignore it and refuse the prince once he emerged from the shell.

He hoped Alver wouldn't have to go that far.

"But Cale, His Highness's likeness seems a bit too much," Deruth said, but Cale didn't mind it.

There's no way. Right...

there's no way...

Cale decided to ignore the prince's calls for now.

[ALVER CROSSMAN'S POV]

TWO YEARS LATER...

It's been two years since he knew Cale. The redhead had the audacity to ignore him for two whole years. They rarely communicated, and Cale mostly talked to him about some things but shut the communication device immediately.

However, there's something much more important than their petty games of emotions and annoyance.

War is right before them.

"Young master Cale."

War is approaching, but this jerk went ahead and posed disrespectfully while leaning on the bed. Alver would like to hang out as well, but there's no end to this damn paperwork. Anyone would be irritated to see someone relaxing on a bed when he had to work as if there was no tomorrow. That bed now appeared to be extremely comfortable. It would be nice if Cale could sleep next to him.

Alver frowned. Where in the hell did he get those ideas? Cale Henituse? of all people? Why would he want to share a bed with him at all?

He might as well annoy this bastard now.

"Your highness-"

He cut him off. He frowned as he started to speak, almost in agony.

"You really are not the kingdom's star but the kingdom's light."

'...What the...?' Cale's face stiffened. He didn't mind because he was using his glib tongue for the first time in a long time.

"With a light like you, our Rowoon Kingdom is not even afraid of the darkness; you are not just a star, but our kingdom's brightest star."

Cale clearly wonders why he's acting this way. Even though he was full and relaxed, he began to become irritated.

"Your highness, shall I sit up?"

Cale tried to sit up and stop leaning on the bed.

"No, there's no need to do so. I heard about it."

You need some beauty rest before I put you to work to the bone.

He no longer appeared to be in pain as he began to smile brightly. Someone might mistake him for being in a beautiful flower field or something. He had the impression that he was somewhere better than a flower field.