Chapter 2: Something's Wrong

9:22 PM

.

.

.

You rode ahead of Noah as you noticed the store. You and he parked the bikes before heading inside, you suddenly felt chilled because of the cold air. Noah looked at his phone as he went to search for Mr. Carson's grocery list after he told you to get the snack you wanted.

While you wandered through the snack aisle, an old woman suddenly came to you and asked. "Hey, kid, do you work here?"

You turned your head before you answered her. "No, I'm just here shopping with my boyfriend."

"Ha, okay, kid."

"Why, ma'am?"

"My son likes mustard, I came here looking for it but I can't find it for the life of me, do you know where it is?"

"Hold on, let me get it for you." You replied with a smile.

"Aw, how nice of you. I'll be right over here." You watched her walk around the store as you searched for the mustard. Your eyes widened happily as you finally found the mustard, you picked it up and went to the old woman.

"Very well, there it is, ha!"

"Here you are." The old woman grabbed the mustard from you as she chuckled lightly. "Thank you, dear."

"You're welcome." You then went to grab your favorite snack that you had laid your eyes on before the old woman approached you.

Noah carried the basket as he had all the things on the lists, he soon bumped into his two friends, Turner and Andy.

"And speak of the devil."

Noah frowned as he asked them. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Bro, your girl was here, she just left." Turner said.

"My girl? No, I see (Y/N) at the snack aisle earlier."

"Not her! What was her name?" He thought for a moment before he remembered her name. "Cara or something?"

"Oh."

"Dude, I said they're not dating anymore. He has a new girlfriend!" The other boy, Andy informed him.

"Oh yeah, he hopped to that other chick so quick, I didn't even realize."

"(Y/N)'s not that other chick. I'm serious with her."

"Don't listen to him but dude, she brought tons and tons of cans. I think she's throwing like a party or something, you know anything about it?"

"Bro, she looks way older without the makeup. Milf energy, BRO."

"Eww, I think she's more of like a goth."

"GOTH MILF ENERGY!!"

Noah sighed at the pair before he asked Turner. "Are you guys done?"

"Anyways dude, what are you up to tonight?"

"House sitting for this guy Carson tonight with (Y/N)." Noah answered him.

"You mean at Alec's? He goes to school with my sister, heard kid's a real weirdo - especially since his parents split up."

"Whatever fills my pockets I'm in for."

"Alright, dude, see you at school on Monday then."

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹, 𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗻.