Chapter 2: Empty Campsite

3:26 AM

.

.

.

You heard some unintelligible sound from the radio, waking you up from sleep. You frowned and rubbed your eyes before getting up to check on it. You turned on the radio before you spoke to Connor on the other side.

"Connor?" He didn't say anything back to you, indicating that he was sleeping. It made you confused about who was uttering on the radio earlier or if your ears were playing tricks on you.

You were suddenly startled because you saw Jack sit up from the corner of your eyes. "What the--! Jack?!"

"I had to pee." That was all Jack said before he walked out of the room. You watched him before you shrugged your shoulders and went back to bed.

𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗻 𝗴𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴

Jack walked to the stairs but he suddenly felt scared out of a sudden by the darkness down below. He looked around before he decided to pee on the railing to the ground below. He signed in relief as he zipped up his pants and was about to head back to sleep. his eyes saw a light from the forest. The light suddenly disappeared as if someone quickly turned it off to conceal their presence.

He frowned in curiosity as he went to grab the binoculars before coming back outside and having a look. He caught a glimpse of someone in the dark, but they quickly walked away as if they knew that someone knew their existence.

He ignored it as he went back to sleep in the sleeping bag, forgetting what happened.

.

.

.

NIGHT 2

.

.

.

Jack was enjoying the view of the beautiful evening sky, the orange sun shining in his eyes as the warm rays of sun touched his face, and a cup of coffee in his hand.

𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗹𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆

He took a sip of coffee before he decided to take two pictures with his phone and sent them to Kayla. He realized that he sipped all the coffee, making him grunt lightly before standing up from the chair, about to fill more coffee. He gasped lightly as he almost bumped into you who carried an Instax mini 12 in your hands.

You gripped your camera tightly out of fright before you exhaled deeply. "What the? Jack, you should have said anything, not appearing out of nowhere!"

"I'm having more coffee. What about you, what's with the camera?" Jack asked after he walked past you and poured coffee powder into the cup.

"I'm going to take pictures! I can't miss this beautiful view! We don't see this much in the city." You then walked to the railing before you clicked the camera, taking a picture of the evening sun before for a few seconds, a photograph came out from it.