Nervousness

Anirudh entered the taxi and looked behind to check their baggages for the last time. he then looked in the front and sighted as he was a bit tired.

Taxi driver : Chale babu?

The driver asked Anirudh as he fixed his taxi's back mirror. Anirudh then looked at Bondita with a smile.

Anirudh : kya bolti ho? chale?

Bondita nods with a big smile on her face. The taxi driver then starts his taxi. Bondita peeps though the window to get deemed glimpses of Calcutta. The taxi driver meanwhile turns on his radio and starts humming. He also chit-chats with Anirudh sometimes. Meanwhile Bondita tries her best to get some glimpses of the beautiful Calcutta but as it was already dark, she could'nt see much. Bondita got a bit upset so she stops peeping as sat on taxi with a pouted face. Anirudh looks at Bondita and smiles.

Anirudh : Muh phulaneki jarurat nahi. Kal subhe humdono tumhare admission form lene bahar jayenge. Form leneke bad bahar thoda ghum bhi lenge.

Bondita's pout puffs away and a big smile appears on her face.

Bondita : Sotti patibabu?

Anirudh : Sotti! Aur ate wakt 1 handi rosgolle lete ayenge.

Anirudh says jokingly.

Bondita : Rosogolle! Par bas ek handi?

Anirudh : Haan!

Taxi driver : Areh didi bas ekbar Calcutta ke rosogolle khake dekhiye na! Khas kar ke yahake sabse mashur ek badam wale rosogolle, ek kya ? 4-5 kab kha lengi apko pata bhi nahi chalega!

Bondita : 4-5 handi kya cheez hain? main toh ekbar main 7 handi kha leti hun!

Taxi Driver : 7 handi!

Anirudh : Haan! Harbar main jab Calcutta ata hun toh saman kam leke ata hun kyuki jate wakt mujhe inke liye rosogolle ke handio ka bhar sehna padhta hain.

Anirudh says jokingly and starts laughing. The Taxi driver also starts laughing while Bondita glares at Anirudh. Anirudh's laugh fades away after seeing Bondita's anger.

Anirudh : Waise inhone bhi mere liye bohut balidan diya hain. pehle 8 handia khati thi. Ab mujhe zyada taklif na ho itne handiya late wakt issliye 7 handiya khati hain.

The taxi driver now starts to laugh more loudly. Anirudh was also about to laugh but seeing Bondita's glaring getting intensified, he controled his laugh and bit his tounge. As Bondita kept staring, he putted his fingers around his lips to annouce that he is shutting up fully. But to his surprise, Bondita started laughing too. The whole taxi was filled with laughter throughout the whole journey.

The sky was totally dark by now, The only source of light was the moon and some lights on the streets. Anirudh and Bondita were still in the taxi. The driver sometimes would stop the Taxi so Anirudh could ask the passerbyers their destinations address. The taxi then took a left. The deeper they went though the road, the darker it became. The path was a bit narrow. Even though it was a bit inside of central Calcutta still it was kind of closer to Bondita's dream school. Anirudh was busy peeping through the window trying to read the signboards and matching it with the address written in the piece of paper grasped tightly in his hand. Suddenly Anirudh exclaimed "Samne wale gharpe rokiyega dada!", Bondita whom was dozing off inside the taxi woke up with a jerk after hearing Anirudh's words. She also peeped out though the window to see their new home. The House was barricated by small wall and the only entrace was by the gate. Infront of the gate, a middle aged man almost in his late 50s was standing with cold stares. As the Taxi stopped, Anirudh opened the taxi's door and got out. The taxi driver got out to help Anirudh with the baggeges. Bondita whom was drowsing with sleepiness pulled herself out from the taxi. Anirudh than gave the fare to the taxi driver and took his baggeses. He also thanked him and Taxi driver just laughed in reply. The taxi driver then side eyed to see the man whom was still standing infront the gate while puffing on his cigar. The taxi driver than putted his face near Anirudh's ears and whispered softly, " Iss buddhe se sambhal ke rehna babu!" After hearing the driver's words he looked infront of the gate to see the middle aged man. That man was the house's owner. Known for his cold stares and bad temper. Anirudh gulped and tried to fake a smile as the landlord kept coldly stareing at Anirudh. Anirudh and Taxi driver then stared at eachother. The taxi driver than signaled Anirudh best of luck and Anirudh nodded. Meanwhile, Bondita whom was standing behind them was trying to understand what on earth was happening. The taxi driver than bid both Anirudh and Bondita farewell and left with his taxi. The lamdlord coughed loudly as he kept tapping his foot on the ground which was filled with dried brown leaves murmur. Anirudh held Bondita's hand while his other hand was filled with their baggeges and slowly walked torwards the landlord.