Old Ties (Unedited)

“Ahhhhhhh!”

Anirudh cries in pain as Thamma’s stick strucks on his back.

Thamma : Kothao palacchis hotobhaga? (Where are you running you rascal?) Chupchap khana kha! Itna bada sarir ittu se khanese bhar gaya?

Anirudh : ITTU SA? Thamma chowthi thala bhaat kha raha hun main! Mujhse aur nahi hoga please aur-

Before Anirudh could finish his sentence, Thamma started serving more rice on his plate. Anirudh eyes largened and jaw dropped seeing the amount of food.

Thamma : Aise bhebla ki tarha dekh kyu raha hain? Aur du?

Anirudh : AUR???

As Anirudh tried to comprehend the amount of food on his platter, Thamma putted more rice on his plate making Anirudh sweat. Bondita felt bad seeing Anirudh’s condition but she had nothing to do. If she said something she will also become Thamma’s food victim.

Thamma : Tu (Bondita) aise kyu dekh rahi hain? Tujhe bhi aur du?

Before Bondita could even answer Thamma added more sabji and rice on her plate making Bondita gulp in nervousness.

Anirudh’s hand started to shake while his stomach was on the verge of blasting anytime while Bondita couldnt even move her hand anymore.

Thamma : Oma! Mangsho (Meat) khatam hogaya! Main aur leke ati hun...

Just as Thamma left to bring more meat from the kitchen, Anirudh and Bondita stared at eachother. They knew if they stayed here a bit longer, they wouldn't be able to see tommorow. After a silent discussion and agreement they nodded at eachother and quickly gobbled whatever was left on their plate and started to run. Just when they reached the corridor, Thamma entered the room and saw them running.

Thamma : Areh kaha ja raahe ho tumlog! Payesh toh khake jao!

Thamma said after she went towards the stairs but Anirudh and Bondita were already way up.

Anirudh : AGLIBAR PAKKA!

Anirudh scremened as he ran upstairs with Bondita. Thamma felt a bit disappointed as she looked at bowl of meat in her hands.

Thamma : RAATKO KHANE AJANA!!

Thakuma scremened but got no reply. A smile creeped into Thamma’s lips as she shook her head.

Thamma : Ajkal ke bacche…..

Thamma muttered and started walking towards her room.

Anirudh runs inside the room and locks the door to see Bondita already sitting on the one sit sofa with no signs of strength to move. Anirudh goes and dumps himself on the sofa as a cry of pain could be heard from his voice as his stomach wanted to burst out badly.

Bondita: Kya bola Thamma ne?

Anirudh: Raatko khaneke liye janeko bola hain.

Bondita : Raatko phirse?? Mujhse aj thoda aur khanna kya….pani bhi piya nahi jayega!

Anirudh: Mujhse bhi nahi…..

Both agree as their stomach try their best to stay put. After a bit of silence, Anirudh decides to break the Ice.

Anirudh: Waise khana bohut swadist tha!

Bondita : Haan! Meri thakuma bhi aise khana banati thi!

Anirudh: Accha?

Then they both started to talk about their childhood memories with their grandparents. Some were hillarious while some made them fight with their tears which they didnt expressed. Meanwhile Thamma turned on her radio to the highest volume which could be heard from Anirudh and Bondita’s floor too. The beautiful sound of sitar echoed the whole mitra bari.

Thamma then opened her wooden Almirah and got out a old sari which was kept really well. She also got out a set of red glass bangles which is probably of a little child. Thamma touches the sari delicately.

“Maa ami okhane jabona! Amai thakte dena!”
(Mother I dont want to go! Please let me stay)

A voice of a young said inside Thamma’s mind. Tears glistened her eyes as she held those little bangles and sari towards her chest. Meanwhile Anirudh and Bondita already sailed to dreamland while chatting.

Radio host : Ab gaana pesh karenge hamare naye chamakte sitare : Sita banerjee, Surobhi shannal aur Sampoorna Munsi…….

[Ps. In this fanfiction Saurabh is Alive and him and Sampoorna live in shantiniketon as they were supposed to prior to his death]

The beautiful melody of sitar and harmonium along the melodious voice of the ladies made everyone’s heart drop a beat. But the one who’s voice stole the show was Sampoorna’s. Bondita who was still sound asleep could hear her sister’s melodious voice in her dream making her dream of her childhood when she would sneak to sleep with Sampoorna at night. A smile curls up in Bondita’s lips as she enjoys her time in the dreamland.

                         *  *  *  *  *

The telephone rings breaking Anirudh and Bondita’s sleep. Anirudh openes his eyes to see nothing but darkness Infront of him. Bondita doesnt open hers and decides to sleep a bit more.

Anirudh gets up from the sofa and somehow goes near the door and openes it too see its already midnight. The phone keeps ringing making Anirudh confused.

Anirudh: Iss samai kisne call kiya hoga?

Anirudh goes towards the phone and picks it up.

Anirudh: Hello, Who is this?

Binoy : Hello, Anirudh…..

Anirudh : Baba?

Question from this short Chapter :

1.Who’s the child that’s voice Thamma heard in her mind?

2.Why did Binoy suddenly call Anirudh?

Write your answers below💖

Assalamu alaikum sweeties!💖💖 Thought of giving a short update as i made you guys wait for so long in last one😅 hope you guys like this short chappy. Hopefully see you guys really soon! Till then,

Sayonara💖💖💖