Smack Talk

The cheers from the crowd echoed in Gampel Pavilion. Kiana watched as the cheerleaders ran out on the court, the UCONN women's basketball team following after them. Ryland and Kiana sat in the front of the student section, which was screaming at the top of their lungs.

As the team made their rounds around the stadium Paige ran by Kiana and shot her a wink, making the curly haired girl smile back.The lights started to dim as people turned on their flashlights getting ready for the huskies to be announced.

"Now time for our UCONN huskies! Number 11 a 6 "4" guard/forward from Grenoble, France Lou Lopez Senechal, Number 10 a 5 "11" guard from Zagreb, Croatia Nika Muhl, Number 3 a 6"3" forward from Kingston, Ontario Aaliyah Edwards, Number 35 a 5 "11" guard from Fairfax Virginia Azzi Fudd, and last but not least Number 5 a 5 "11" guard from Edina, Minnesota Paige Bueckers!!!"

The crowd went crazy as the announcers announced the starting line up. Kiana screamed her lungs out when Azzi and Paige's names were called.

Paige's POV -

The girls and I huddled in a circle and talked strategy before the start of the game. "Alright guys we got this, make sure to play defense especially when number 8 has the ball." I spoke up looking at everyone. They nodded their heads in response before we broke off and took our place on the court.

I looked over towards the student section to see Kiana and Ryland talking but when I turned my head slightly to the right I could see number 8 from the opposing team checking her out. My eyebrows furrowed but I quickly shook off my feelings as I heard the whistle.

Kiana's POV -

The crowd booed as a player from Creighton slammed into Paige knocking her straight to the floor. My eyes widened as I saw her lay on the floor for a while before Nika and Lou helped her up from the floor.

When Paige got up she made her way towards the girl who knocked her down pushing her back a little, Nika and Azzi holding her back. I don't know what she said to Paige but I could tell Paige was mad as the girl from the opposing team smirked and walked away.

I made eye contact with Paige and shot her a confused glance, but she just shook her head and made her way towards the foul line.

The crowd cheered once again as Paige made both of her shots, but it seems like after that Paige was playing ten times harder. I watched as she and the girl who knocked her down number 8, went back and forth with one another.

"Okay what the hell is going on? I've never seen Paige ball out this hard" Ryland whispered in my ear.

"I have no idea, but it has to do with number 8 because it looked like they were arguing before." I responded by keeping my eyes on the court.

"Yeah I saw that. Wouldn't it be so funny if they were fighting about you?!" Ry laughed holding on to my shoulder to stabilize herself

"Okay first of all it wasn't even that funny and second I don't even know number 8 so why would she be fighting for me?"

Ryland let out her last bit of laughter before nodding her head in agreement "Yeah your right"

Paige's POV -

"That's your girl in the orange? I can't wait to take her out after this dub"

"Look who got the dub now" I thought to myself as we shook hands with the other team. I smirked when I got to number eight as she rolled her eyes at me.

The girls and I walked into the locker room and celebrated our win.I'm pretty sure people could hear our screams from the arena.

"LET'S GO!!" Nike screamed as she recorded on her phone. She turned her camera towards me "We got that dub yessir" I smiled at the camera making her laugh.