Part 2: Friends?

I WILL
REMEMBER AND RECOVER,
NOT FORGIVE AND FORGET.
                                                          -unknown
—————————————————————
‼️Trigger Warning‼️

After the doctor took care of your bruised ankle you were free to go, so you made your way back to Tom, who immediately bombards you with questions, like he is an anxious father. "Is it broken, sprained? Do they want to keep you here? Do you need crutches? Anything?"
You don't know what it is about him and worrying so much, it's cute though. Nobody was worried about you since you were a little kid, you missed that feeling, it's nice.
You answered all his questions, that no it wasn't broken or sprained. That it was just bruised, also that you don't need crutches or to stay here.
Ergo, why you both walked back to the car, you a little limping, because of the tapes the doctor put around it, and you told him your address.

Arriving at your home you thank Tom over and over again. You are ready to leave the car when an arm holds you back, hence why you turn around and look at Tom.
"Could I maybe... I mean if it isn't too much to ask... could I get your number? Just to check up on you how your ankle is doing... and maybe be your first friend here if you want?"
You smile so wide at him you are sure you look like a madman. Without a second thought you grab his phone out of his hands to punch in your number, saving it as 'damsel in distress' referring to his words from earlier, thinking it would be funny and you are proved right when you see him grin at the name as soon as you hand him the phone back.
Not thinking you give him a short hug and are out of the car before Tom can process it.

Eventually, back in your flat you immediately lay back on your bed, reviewing the day. 'Definitely a good day'. Turning on some music you just relax and review the day.

Meanwhile Tom still sits in his car, rethinking your hug over and over again, not able to drive away just yet. He takes some more minutes till he starts his car and drives off.
Reaching his own house he makes his way in, to be greeted with his best friend Luke. The two are like brothers ever since they were five years old. At the age of 19 they decided to share an apartment, it is much cheaper than have one on your own here in London. Besides, it is less lonely.
"Where were you? You said you didn't have any work today, so why back so late?" Tom ponders if he should tell Luke about you, maybe you both won't have contact after today and it was just a one time thing, but he doesn't believe so. So he tells Luke, he tells him everything.
How this rude guy pushed you to the ground, how he helped and took you to the hospital but not your conversations, that he keeps close to himself.
After their little chat Tom goes back to his room, changes into comfy clothes and watches the rain, which started to pour down from the sky, from his bed with a warm cup of tea in hand.
When his eyes get heavy, he decides to make his way to the bathroom to end his day. Back in bed he doesn't close his eyes before he sends you a 'goodnight😴'.

You totally forgot about your stained blouse, therefore when you look down you decide to take a shower, it's late and time for bed anyways. The hot water feels good on your cool skin, relaxing. Taking your time with shampooing you watch the water trickle down the steamed glass door. It has something peaceful on it. A small drop that makes its way down while collecting more drops on its way and growing to a big one. That is till it reaches the end of the glass and resolves into flowing water on the shower ground. The lovely vanilla smell of your shower gel and shampoo fills the room, but with that and the storming weather outside come some unpleasant memories from the past. You remember the day clearly. It was right after another attack from Noah.

You lay on your bed crying, vanilla candle burning on a shelf and raindrops hitting the window with howling wind. It matches your feelings quite well. It was a shit day. You had a fight with your parents along with Noah when you came back home utterly exhausted. You can't remember what he explicitly said but it was fucked up. Your emotions were bubbling up and you didn't know what to do, hence why you grabbed the pocketknife out of the bedside table and... cut. That was the first time you ever did this and it shouldn't be the last time. You didn't know how to let the feelings out in another way because this... this felt so good, so good to let all your feelings out. Not having to seek the comfort of others, to explain yourself, only to find out that they will never understand you. This way everything, every emotion, every tear, just poured out, while little pearls of blood ooze out of the wounds. They are not deep enough to cause any dangerous harm, just deep enough to make it sting, let you forget about everything.

Snapping back to the present on account of your hurting ankle, you step out of the shower, change into pyjamas and lay once again back in bed. Seconds before sleep takes over your body, the phone makes a little ping sound and a message appears. It's an unknown number, who texted a 'goodnight😴'. At first you're confused but quickly remember it must be Tom. Not wasting another minute you text back a 'goodnight Tom' and drift of into a deep slumber.

 Not wasting another minute you text back a 'goodnight Tom' and drift of into a deep slumber

(Pyjamas)