2

I looked at the mirror in front after getting ready in the record time. My eyes and jaws dropped open wide in shock. Clenching my jaws, I glared at the bathroom door from where I could still hear moaning noises. I shifted my focus onto the mirror and looked at the maroon spot near my neck which was obviously due to the person inside the bathroom.

I put down the bangles in my hand back on the table and rushed through my small makeup kit thinking of ways to conceal the hickey. Unfortunately, with the limited makeup items I had, I hardly found anything which could help me fix it.

"Sister-in-law.. Sister-in-law.."

I heard the knock on the door and panicked. At that very moment I grabbed the big necklace which I had worn yesterday and covered it as much as possible. I hurriedly slipped the bangles into my wrist as I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Good morning Aditi..", I greeted her with a nervous smile.

"Good morning Sister-in-law. Mom is calling you. Could you quickly come down with me?", Asked Aditi with a smile.

"I.. I.. I am done. Let's go!", I said pulling the room door behind as I didn't want her to hear the groaning sound from the bathroom.

As we walked down the hall, she paused abruptly and looked at me. I ran my tongue over my dry lips and raised my eyebrows to question.

"Your saaree isn't set properly. Allow me to set the pleats", Said Aditi sweetly.

I smiled at her and nodded my head. She crouched down instantly and started arranging the plates of my silk saaree neatly one after another. At that moment, I left a sigh of relief and looked at her, whose concentration was fully on the pleats.

"You seem to be an expert with this..", I praised while adoring her skill.

"Mom often makes me do it for her. Especially whenever she gets ready for functions.", She chuckled.

"Hmmm.. so how old are you Aditi?", I asked as I hadn't learnt anything else apart from her name.

"I am 19 at present but in another 2 weeks I will be 20", she said.

"Oh!! So you will be celebrating your birthday soon.", I said.

"Hmmm..", she smiled getting up and adjusting my necklace symmetrically making me tremble. The moment her hands paused, I clenched my eyes shut in embarrassment. My ears heated up expecting to hear an embarrassing and teasing comment from her.

"Sister-in-law, Can you come with me for a minute? My room is just two doors away.", She said softly turning her head away.

"Hmm..", I was stunned by her maturity and followed her with my head lowered feeling mortified.

When I reached her room, she asked me to occupy the dressing table infront of her. She then pulled out her big makeup bag and got on to start working without uttering a word. I stole glances of her as she worked her skillful hands over my face and then the spot while covering it up as if it never existed.

"Perfect!! You look adorable..", she complimented with a smile once done.

"Not more than you, Aditi. Thank you. Thank you so much.", I said with a genuine warm smile.

"You're welcome!!", She shrugged making me chuckle.

"Let's go", I said holding the wrist of my saviour. This was the second time she had helped me. The first one being this early morning when I was about to be stripped down by the person who I married yesterday.

"My makeup kit just has a lipstick, eye-liner and a pack of stickers.", I said as we walked out of her room.

"You know Sister-in-law, I have a huge collection of makeup. Every Rakshabandhan, when I send a Rakhi to Brother, he sends me a make-up kit as a gift. I am so obsessed with makeup and everyone is aware of my obsession. The bag you saw just now is just one fourth of my collections. You know sister-in-law, you may not find books in my college bag but the makeup kit is a must. In my free time, I often do makeup on my friends at college hiding their scars, pimples and sometimes spots like yours.", The matured girl quickly turned into a bubbly chatter box and I was loving her company already.