𝟲

LEONARDO

Did I fire Jim?

Yes, I did. I wasn't going to waste any second having him this close to her. In the same building.

Hearing her talk about how uncomfortable he makes her, I just wanted to find him and smash his head against a wall. I knew I wanted him out of the company as soon as I saw how close he was standing next to her and checking her out.

It made my blood boil.

But I didn't want to act upon it and scare Zaria. That is the last thing I want to do.

I looked at the clock and it was already 3 pm. I had a meeting with the research and the marketing department in five minutes.

I put my suit jacket on and went outside. I spotted Zaria. She was already packing her notes and documents for the meeting.

Her chocolate brown hair was down, covering the side of her face. She was so beautiful it made my heart hurt.

Zaria had a radiant energy around her. Even though she was quiet and shy, she always cheered up my day and everyones around her. I don't think she even realizes that.

When she turned to me, I realized I was staring at her like a creep. She smiled and greeted me. That smile, that made my heart skip a beat.

Remembering what I wanted to say to her, I cleared my throat and spoke. "Copy the documents I sent you by email and bring them to the boardroom." She nodded and went on with her job.

____________

Everyone was seated by the table and we were waiting for Zaria to arrive.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door and Zaria stepped in. Another employee was right behind her. He was working in marketing, that much I knew. They were quietly laughing when they entered the room.

What were they talking about anyway?

"Sorry for being late, sir. I was just asking Aimee something." Whatever his name is, apologized. And why was he calling her Aimee? Were they that close?

I just nodded and they sat on the two empty chairs opposite of me.

She should have been sitting next to me.

My eyes went to Zaria, there was a smile on her face when she looked at him. I tightened the grip on the pencil in my hand, almost breaking it.

We went on with the meeting, but my eyes were constantly going back to her. I don't even know what the other employees were explaining on the board.

"Sir, what do you think about this?" I heard Noah's voice. I didn't even know what he was saying. I turned my attention away from Zaria and answered. "We'll continue with this tomorrow, Noah."

I was distracted. I couldn't even focus on the meeting. I stood up and went to the door. When I walked past Zaria, without looking at her, I said. "In my office Miss Managold."

She turned to the marketing guy and whispered. "I'll talk to you later."

I was pissed.

I heard her shoes clicking on the floor behind me. I went into the office and sat by the desk and loosened the tie around my neck. It was suffocating me. Zaria entered right after me. She looked nervous.

"Miss Managold, I don't think you know but there is a rule for relationships between coworkers. They are not allowed. So whatever you have with that boy should end. I don't need that drama here. This is a working place." I said with a calm voice.

There wasn't such a rule but I was frustrated. And beyond jealous. I couldn't stand seeing her smile at another man.

"Oh, it's not what you think, sir. Rowan is just a friend." She explained. So his name was Rowan. Whatever, it's not like it matters what kind of name he has.

"He's actually my best friend's fiancé."

Realization hit me in the face. Good job Leo, good job. Acting jealous and petty. I ran a hand over my face and sighed.

"Okay, I... you can go back to your work. And I'm sorry, I'm just really stressed these days. I shouldn't have made such assumptions. " She gave me an apologetic smile. "It's okay, sir." With that, she left the office.

Now I felt like shit. Getting angry over nothing. So what if she dated? It was none of my business. She could date whoever she wanted.

Okay, maybe I would have. But I wanted her to find someone who was going to cherish her and treat her the best way they can because she deserves that. And so much more.

I knew it was never going to be me, to give her all the things she deserves. I wasn't going to be the one to see her smile in the morning when I wake up.

I wasn't going to be the one to share happy and sad moments with her.

It doesn't matter if it was not me. I just wanted her happy.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone.

It was Ash.

Me and Ash practically grew up together. My father and his father were best friends and business partners. He was the only friend I had.

With the way I was over working, I didn't really have time for other people.

"What?" I answered the phone.

"Woow, not even hello? What a great friend you are." Ash dramatically said. I was not in the best mood. I was guilty for making stupid assumptions about Zaria. Acting childish.

"I'm just stressed with work."

"What do you think about next week, maybe Saturday night? We could meet up for a drink or two. I'm back in town." I could use some time to go out and relax. And it was rare for Ash to be in town. He was usually traveling.

"Yes, why not." We talked for a bit, agreed on where to meet, and said goodbye.

I leaned on the chair and took a deep breath.

My mind went back to Zaria.

❤️🌷