𝟴

AIMEE

"You look so hot."

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was dressed in a black tight dress with long sleeves, that reached just below my knees. It hugged my body in all the right places. It also had a slit on the left side.

I had straightened my hair and Evelin did my makeup. I really did look good.

It was Saturday and the day of the date. Kai said that we were going to a fancy bar slash restaurant. I guess this outfit would do.

Also, it was winter, so at least I would be warm.

"Wear these." Evelin showed me a pair of black heels.

I gave her a skeptical look. "My feet are going to be frozen in those shoes."

"You'll be inside anyways." She rolled her eyes and shoved the shoes in my hands.

They were normal black plumps. I wasn't the biggest fan of heels but this was a date, so I had to put up with it, I guess.

I also wanted to look good. I don't always get opportunities to dress nicely.

"Is he going to pick you up?" Evelin said while she gestured for me to sit on the vanity chair.

"Umm, no. I don't want him to know where I live. It's our first time meeting and I didn't want to just give him my address." I couldn't just believe him like that. He was a stranger after all.

"That's a good point." She started fixing my hair.

"I'm literally so nervous," I admitted. I was debating if this was a good idea or not, for the past week.

I've never been on a date with someone I've never met. It was something completely new for me.

"You'll be fine Aimee. What's there not to like in you? You're amazing. You'll see, he is going to want another date." I played with the ring on my finger. It was a gift from my grandpa for graduating college.

It was a thin silver ring with a small diamond butterfly in the center. I loved it. Favorite gift from my favorite person.

"But what if I don't like him? You know how awkward is going to be if I have to say it to him?" I was never good at saying no to people. It was a bad habit and definitely put me in a lot of uncomfortable situations.

"You'll think of something. Don't worry about it now." She squeezed my shoulders and made me put the shoes on.

My legs were shaky from all the nervousness I felt at the moment. I just hope this goes well.

-----

We were standing in front of my apartment's door, Evelin was telling me all the tips and tricks, I should know. What kind of conversation I should make?

I was waiting for my Uber that was supposed to be here any moment now.

After three minutes, I got a message that the Uber was here. We went outside and said goodbye to each other. Evelin went her way, while I went to the Uber.

The driver was a guy in his fifties, who started telling me about his family. How his brother didn't invite him to his nephew's birthday and so on. I swear, from all the things he told me you would think he lived in a reality tv show. But at least he was occupying my thoughts with something else.

I received a text from Kai that he was already waiting for me.

Why am I being nervous? Why am I making such a big deal out of this?