- CHAPTER 8 -

[ Italic - past (of dual times)
Normal - present (at the beach) ]

~ |  H I M | ~

(Past: 4 years ago)

The rain just stopped,
Making the sun shine even brighter,
The birds chirping with sweet melody.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of love the rain and the sun shares,
At times they cannot even stand each other,
And sometimes they appear together,
Creating a beautiful phenomenon called Rainbow.

The science might say something else but we are poetic, aren't we?

But right now I was staring at your sleeping figure,
Simple and sweet,
Just like you love.

I kissed your forehead which and your eyelashes flickered.

Once,
Twice,
Thrice,
You blinked.

" You! Where were you last night? You weren't picking up my phones, your colleagues said you already left. What is going on, man? You need to atleast inform your wife. It was raining whole night, what if something would have happened to you?" you said calmly but the anger was purely reflecting on your face.

Along with lots of worry.
And that made me smile.

" What? Why are you smiling? Answer me " you said.

" You are so beautiful " I said totally out of no where.

" Oh I know. But that doesn't work here. So Where were you? "

" Were you worried? " I asked and you gave me an irritated look.

" Is that even a question? Ofcourse. Whole night I was waiting for you. And you are not ready to respond "

I came closer and pulled you by your waist.
I know only that would save me.

" No touching right now" you said and pushed me.

" Why? Can't a lovesick man touch his wife? Is that a crime-"

" Why are you coming home right now? " You said, your voice a little louder.

" Okay okay. My phone went off when I already left the office. The rain was not ready to stop. Thundering and lighting was continuous. So I decided to stay at a hotel, where telephone wasn't working, the owner didn't had a phone -I wonder who doesn't have a phone in this generation- I could not call my wife by any chance. I am sorry to cause you trouble, my love " I said it all in one go and watched your face relax.

" I was so tensed. Never do that again. Call me somehow and just inform me. I could barely sleep last night " you said with a pout on your face.

" But you were sleeping when I came " I replied with a glint of mischief.

" That was because I was awake till 4 in the morning. Somehow my brain shut down and I slept, understood? " You defended and I laughed at this.

" Understood "

" You sure you didn't think that I was with some other female? " I joked and pulled you again by your waist.

" Which female can even handle you? And which will want you? Nice joke though " you replied holding back your smile.

" And I trust you so much that a small incident like this can not even bother me in terms of that. You will never have any other woman in your life. You're mine " you addded and I smiled.