Chapter 1.

"Dazai, literally for once, can you be working? The president is out of station with some important business, but you just use it as an excuse for slacking off." Kunikida's voice cut across the peace that had been engulfing Dazai Osamu for the past 30 mins.

"Kunikida-kun, surely you can give me one day off? After all the business with the dealers we pulled yesterday, I feel like all of us are entitled to something." Dazai said, whining about work.

Ranpo cut in from across the room. "He is right. And since I'm the self appointed President for right now- I feel like we should al take a break for today. But from tomorrow," He looked over to Dazai, "No breaks allowed."

"RANPO-SAN YOU'RE THE BEST" Dazai cooed from his desk, while Atsushi laughed.

"This is not my fault, if anyone asks. I had nothing to do with it." Kunikida sighed and walked to his own desk. Yasano was lounging on one of her own chairs. "Man, we have no life threatening stuff to do anymore. You guys dont even get hurt anymore. It's so boring." She sighed.

"Yosano-sensei- you sound so dissapointed that none of us are dying." Atsushi said.

"Well my dear Atsushi, dont get me wrong. I love everyone but- die a little why wont you."

"I'm trying." Dazai voiced in the conversation, earning a not amused look from Atsushi.

"Things with the Port-Mafia have also cooled down for quite a while. Why not take a vacation?" Asked Ranpo. This got direct refusal from Kunikida.

"No way. Ranpo, we all respect you but taking a vacation without the principal's approval is most certainly not done. I won't allow it." He said, fixing his glasses.

"Jeez Kuni I was kidding. But it's just so boring." Ranpo said, turning around in his chair.

Dazai looked at his phone, looking at the date in particular. 29th April. He smiled, knowing a certain redhead had his special day today. Even though his part had been buried so deeply no one could dig it up, his chibi was an exception. One that he loathed and adored at the same time.

"Oh isn't it Chuuya-san's birthday tomorrow?" Atsushi asked the ADA. This caught Dazai's attention, because no one else was supposed to know.

"How do you know that?" He asked, a bit more sharply than he was intending. Atsushi didn't seem to mind, but Yosano gave him a slight smirk.

"Uh Akutagawa messaged me. He doesn't know what to do for a birthday. Why is he asking me- I dont even know Chuuya-san." Atsushi said, doing some of his loud thinking aloud.

"O I know the perfect thing for Chuuya." Dazai said, much to the surprise of the ADA.

"Oh really?" Kunikida asked. He knew that Dazai had been a part of the old Port Mafia, but the idea was a little harsh to digest.

"Yes indeed. Atsushi, can you give me Akutagawa's number? I can plan this with him better, face to face." Dazai said, a smirk growing on his face, thinking of all the ways he could bother his dog.

"Sure. But, I'll just warn him incase he gets too surprised and dies." Atsushi says and fires off a message to the emo demon cape lung infection diablo.

Meanwhile, At the port mafia:

"No Ane-san. For the last time-I don't need anything for my birthday. You're busy, so am I. It wouldn't make sense for a large get together" Chuuya spoke into his phone. Now, don't get him wrong. He loved Ane-san, truly, he did. But sometimes, she was a little too much too handle. Like right now. When all he wanted to do was lie down and pretend like he didn't exist on the day he's been made.

"What about a gift at least? A new car? That brat destroyed the last one." Kouyou said from the phone line.

This put Chuuya into thought. A new car would certainly be nice, but he couldn't help the fact that came from his lips. "We don't know that it was him." Even though it was 100% him. "And i suppose yes- a car would be nice. But please- don't push off work and other stuff to deal with me. I can handle myself."

He could still here the smile that broke out from her face though. "Done. Happy birthday Chuuya." A smile formed on his own lips as he said, "Thank you Ane-san."

Just as he hung up the call, an employee knocked on his door.

"Um Nahakara-San? The boss wishes to speak to you." He said. Chuuya tried to hide the sigh that was on the tip on his tounge. He loved the PM, really. But just this one day- couldn't people just leave him alone? Just for one day.

"I'll be right there." He said to the employee, who nodded and then left his office. Chuuya looked out the window, at the view of the ocean. He'd gotten a special attachment to it after a lifetime of people telling him his eyes looked like the ocean.

After a while, he decided to make his way to Mori's office.

"Come in." Came Mori's voice after Chuuya knocked on his door. "Ah perfect! Chuuya, just the person I wanted to see."

"You called, Boss?" He said, doing a little wave to Elise who sat playing with some crayons.

"Yes indeed." Mori smiled. "I know it's your birthday and all that, so I was thinking." Mori said as his smile widened. "Take the day off today."

Chuuya blinked. "What-"

"Yes you heard me." Mori said waving a hand. "You've been here for so long. It's only fair that you get a well deserved break. Contrary to most people's belief, I don't want my executives to be run down to the done."

Chuuya couldn't believe his ears. A break? Mori-san was giving him a day off? It seemed too good to be true.

"Well- I suppose since you say so. Thank you so much, Boss. Truly I'm grateful." Chuuya smiled, something he didn't usually do in the business hours. "He's only saying that cause after you come back he's gonna give you a lot of work." Elise chimed in from behind.

Chuuya laughed a little. "It's fine. I don't even mind."

"Elise-chan why are you so mean?" Mori said going back to talking with his ability. Chuuya took it as a dismissal and walked out of the office. This was going to be a nice birthday. Something he hadn't had in years.

But ofcourse, good things never last. And his happiness was also short lived.

Author's note:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING AND IDK IF IM EVEN GONNA PUBLISH THIS BUT I LIKE TO WRITE ANGSTY SHIT AND IF I DO PUBLISH THIS GOD HELP YALL.

I might kill a few characters if this story has no point and I'll try to make it good but no promises ok have a nice day.