Chapter 5.

"Exactly." 

Chuuya glared at Dazai for a while, thinking he was spouting nonsense. And then it hit him. 

It's his birthday party. And they can't hear anyone. Chuuya's heart was beating unusually fast. 

Without looking at Dazai, he slammed the door open. "Hey wait-" Dazai tried to stop him but Chuuya didn't care at that point. 

Silence. 

There was no one. No one was left. No blood, no corpses, no people. Nothing.

Chuuya felt sick, as he called out- "Ane-san?" No response. 

"Akutagawa? Gin? Tachihara? Higuchi? Anyone?" His voice seemed to come out wrong 

Wrong wrong wrong this was all wrong

"No." He was aware of Dazai at his back, "No. Atsushi? Kunikida? Yosano? Ranpo?" his voice raised at the end. 

"No." He repeated again. Chuuya turned around to face him, and it felt like a slap to his face. Dazai looked so.......wrong. His face was crumpled in fear and worry. Something Chuuya, or at that point no one had seen. 

"This is a joke. It's a joke. They're not all gone." Dazai was mumbling, seemingly oblivious to Chuuya standing there. "Hey." Chuuya said to him. 

Dazai's head jerked up. His eyes widened in acknowledgement that Chuuya was still there. And something flashed in his eyes. Chuuya didn't wish to think about what it could've been. 

"No one?" He asked, sounding like someone had kicked him. 

Chuuya shook his head, panic starting to take hold him. Ane-san, there was no one left. They wouldn't all just up and leave him. Would they-? NO NO THEY WOULD NOT.

His mind couldn't seem to comprehend what was happening. "What if something bad happened to them." Dazai broke the silence. 

Chuuya felt sick to his stomach, and didn't feel like thinking about that. "They're strong. It's the Port Mafia and Agency for fuck's sake. They won't go without a fight." Even to his own ears. he didn't sound very convincing. 

And Dazai looked even less convinced. 

They finally decided to look around, if it was some kind of sick trick on them. They were nowhere to be found. But they did seem to understand that whatever had happened had not affected the outside world in the slightest. 

Chuuya and Dazai asked a couple to people if they'd heard some weird noises coming from the bar, but no one knew anything 

"Ugh." Chuuya sighed as they slumped inside the bar on the chairs. "Shouldn't you be calling your President to tell him about this?" He asked Dazai with his eyebrows raised. 

"He's out of station. I'll call him soon though don't worry." Dazai said, apparently in no mood for jokes. 

Chuuya hummed as he got up. "Where're you going?" Dazai asked. 

"To tell Mori-san about this." Chuuya said he looked back. He didn't miss the slight expression of disgust that passed Dazai's face as he said the name 

"Tch. I'll come with. The President and him can maybe know what's going on." Dazai sighed, as he got up too and trailed behind the redhead. 

The car ride was silent. None of them were in the mood to talk. Since Chuuya insisted he drive- ("Chibi can you even reach the accelerator." Dazai had asked with a smile. "Shut your mouth. This car is probably more expensive that your entire house and yes I can reach them." Chuuya flipped him off. "I forgot how well the PM payed." Dazai had said. "Yeah it didn't matter cause I bought this soon after you blew up my old one." Chuuya snapped.)- Dazai took the time to call his members' phone but no one answered. 

"Where have they all gone." Dazai mumbled to himself. 

It was a rhetorical question, so Chuuya didn't bother answering and drove in silence.

When they reached the headquarters, Dazai could practically feel the amount of eyes on his back. 

"Demon Prodigy." A few whispers called out, and he fought the urge to roll his eyes at them. Chuuya walked in front, and no matter how friendly he was, everyone could see that he was not in a mood to be annoyed. 

That was a plus point cause no one dared come near them, but Dazai figured that was more because of what they'd heard about him rather than the short executive. 

They reached Mori's office, and Dazai took in a sharp breath as the deja vu of this place came back to him. 

The last time he'd been here was when Oda had died. He loathed this office, loathed the man who sat behind the doors. 

But Chuuya clearly didn't as he knocked without even a second thought. The calm voice of Mori called out, "Come in." 

This was clearly not a visit Mori had been expecting, Dazai could see it from the way he raised his eyebrows, in actual confusion. 

"Chuuya. I thought you were at your birthday party. Elise begged me to let her go. I would've joined but I had some work to finish here." Mori said. 

Dazai had wished he would've shown up so he wasn't alive right now. Wait- the people who got taken, they are alive right-? 

"Boss." Chuuya greeted. "We have a problem." He said, looking at Dazai. 

Mori obviously thought Dazai was the problem, as he said, "Dazai-kun. How nice to see you again. Any particular reason for you to visit us?" 

Dazai gave him his infamous cold smile. "Hi Mori-san. And I believe Chuuya will enlighten you on our reason for this visit." He said, making sure his venom was heard. 

Either Chuuya didn't notice, or he decided to ignore the tension between them. "Boss, the people who came at my party." He paused. Dazai could make out he didn't know out to frame this particular sentence. "They've disappeared." Chuuya finally said, and at that Mori lost all traces of his fake cherry expression. 

"Explain." Is all he said. 

Chuuya swallowed hard and began- "Well, basically at my party, Ane-san called me aside to say that her ability wasn't working. I assumed it was because maybe she'd had too much to drink. But afterwards Dazai called me outside and I found out that Atsushi's power had also disappeared. And by the time we came back inside, everyone was gone." 

It was a pretty shitty explanation, but it was correct. Looking back, Dazai couldn't understand how everyone had vanished. And why their abilities had vanished. 

"Dazai called you outside?" Mori asked, suspicion lacing his voice. Anger flared inside Dazai. Seriously? Why were people accusing him? Clearly he'd lost his Agency members too. If they thought him to be so cruel as to harm them, they needed to get their mind down to earth. 

"I did. And no before you ask I did not have any part in this." Dazai said, taking a seat in Mori's office, a seemingly casual gesture. 

Mori was silent for a few moments. "And what about Elise?" He said. 

Chuuya shook his head. "She can't be found either." 

Dazai smirked at Mori when he said his next words. "Well, Mori-san. Isn't this a nice surprise. You don't have your ability, and I do. Might we have a little spar?" 

Mori turned to face him, and Dazai got up. 

He cracked his kunckles, "This is long overdue, don't you think?" Dazai said, trying not to think how natural it felt slip back into his demon prodigy nature. 

Mori didn't say anything, but he simply smirked. 

That's what set Dazai off. But before he could move, he came in contact with a wall. 

Not a wall, but someone extramly solid. 

"Get aside Chuuya." Dazai growled out, pissed off that Chuuya had intervened. "You stop fucking around. He's the boss, back off Osamu." Chuuya growled back. 

Authors note: 

Last one for today maybe- I dont like the ending here but eh its the best cliffhanger i can do rn. 

As always tysm for reading and have a nice day!!