Chapter 11.

2 weeks later:

"Hey Dazai-san" Atsushi called over from his bed at the hospital. "Guess what."

Dazai looked up from the book he was reading, eyebrows raised. "Akutagawa messaged me." Atsushi said, his eyes were sparkling.

"And? I'm not interested in your love life Atsushi-kun." Dazai replied, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

Atsushi turned a bright shade of red. "Wha-NO I'M NOT DATING HIM. I-He said Ane-san got her ability back. So we'll get ours back too soon too."

Dazai hummed. "Really? Well that's great. Yosano can finally heal you and I can finally slack off on work." He sighed, picking up his phone to message Kunikida.

Ever since the Agency lost it's powers, all the work had fallen to Dazai. He was the only one still capable of actually fighting, although Kunikida had judo-flipped a shit-ton of people in the last 2 weeks.

Most of it was Dazai but anyway.

Silver, Eimiko and Jasmine had been turned over to the police, and the Port Mafia took care of the charges and trial.

Dazai sighed as he thought over all that had happened. Chuuya hadn't contacted him once, and Dazai wasn't too keen on waiting 4 years again or waiting for another mission that might push them together.

The door opened and Victor came inside, carrying a tray of food for Atsushi. "Hey." Atsushi smiled at him as he took the tray.

Since Victor hadn't done any physical damage. (He's done plenty of emotional abuse with Chuuya and Dazai but that's not a valid reason apparently.) the Agency and PM decided to not turn him in to the police.

And today was the day when they would decide who got him and what do to with him. Victor was well aware of how much value he held, and Dazai resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the people who were bargaining over a literal child.

To not be partial, Victor was free to go wherever he wished to, be it the Agency office or the PM headquarters. And at the end it was supposed to be his own choice.

Victor nodded at Atsushi and turned to look at Dazai, with a blank expression. "Go talk to him." Is all he said.

Dazai blinked. "What-"

Victor sighed. "God just go and talk to Nakahara. I can't deal with both of hating on me just cause you guys are emotionally constipated."

Dazai was honestly pissed off now. It was their business and they were doing just fine before this kid came along. "Shut up, kid. It's your fault we aren't talking in the first place."

Atsushi gaped at him. "Dazai-san he's a kid." He said, confusion lacing his words.

Dazai took a deep breath. "I'm sorry Atsushi-kun I'm just a little on edge."

"He misses you. I can sense it every time I bring up the Agency. He's hurt and you're hurting so just go and fucking talk." Victor said, crossing his arms.

"I'm not taking advice from a literal child." Dazai snapped as he got up. He needed to cool down. "I'll be leaving now Atsushi." He said and closed the door.

At the PM:

Chuuya was honestly confused now.

"Boss? You sure about this?" He asked again, just to be sure.

Mori looked at him, up from whatever dress he was trying to get Elise to try on. "Yes. We already have enough people here. Having another kid who clearly wishes to go away is gonna take a lot of time. Plus I don't want him messing with our minds." He said, waving a hand in dismissal.