Chapter 4

Hanni was so glad to be home after her horrible day at school. Things didn't get any worse after lunch as she thought they'd be after her little confrontation with Minji. Although, a few random girls were giving her scowls and she could've sworn that one of them hissed at her when she was at the vending machine.

Hanni threw herself on her bed and put her arm over her eyes. Her head was pounding and she was in desperate need of an aspirin. She accepted Danielle's offer to drive her home because she thought she might kill her sister if she drove her. She was still mad at her about leaving without her and even madder at her pathetic excuse. She claimed that she thought Hanni had already left with Danielle.

The only drawback of letting Danielle drive her was the inevitable talk that she was dreading ever since lunch. At least Danielle didn't say anything during the drive but now she was in Hanni's kitchen finding something for them to eat.

Letting out a sight, Hanni rubber her temples with her fingers. She wished the day would just end and could fall asleep.

"I've got some pizza rolls and soda," Danielle announced when she entered her room. She was carrying a plate of hot out of the oven pizza rolls and holding two cans of soda in one arm.

Hanni smiled at her gratefully and took the plate from her. They ate in silence for a few minutes before Danielle finally spoke up.

"So, um, do you want to talk about what happened?" she asked tentatively.

Hanni finished chewing a roll and looked up at her friend. "I may have overreacted a little," she confessed.

"You were a bit harsh, PhamPham."

"I know!" She exclaimed startling Danielle. "It's just, God, today just sucked and she just pushed me over the edge. She just won't leave me alone."

Danielle bit her lip not quite sure how to proceed. "Okay, unnie, I know Minji unnie is a piece of work but she's harmless."

"Are you defending her?" Hanni asked angrily.

"No! God, Hanni unnie. Look, I know she's making your life a living hell but some of the things you said were out of line, and I know you said those things in the heat of the moment but you still said them."

Hanni made a sound that was a cross between a groan and growl. "So what do you want me to do? Say sorry? Minji still needed to hear some of the things I did mean."

"Yeah, I think she heard it loud and clear."

Hanni could feel her head pounding even harder. "Look, I know I was out of line, but I can't just apologize to her."

"Why not?"

"Because," Hanni paused trying to think of what to say without sounding like a bitch. "I don't want to give her hope."

Danielle gave her a look. "Do you really hate her?"

Hanni looked down. "No. It's just...she just doesn't seem like someone I would see myself with."

"Hanni unnie, you don't even know her."

"I know what I've seen," Hanni said looking back up. "And I don't want to be a part of that."

There's a few minutes of silence as both girls sat there just thinking. "Have you ever liked her?" Danielle asked.

"Once," Hanni admitted and Danielle looked shocked.

"When?"

"Towards the end of Freshman year. Minji was just starting to flirt with me and I was playing hard to get, you know. I actually thought she liked me."