The Tragedy and The Saviors #13

I came back to the dojo before the sun set. A man ran towards me as if he wants to tell me something. But before I even heard it.

I felt sick. My diaphragm was spasming. This bad feeling was giving me goosebumps.

The man said, "Someone poisoned the well...!! All because they couldn't beat you or Keizou-san in a direct fight.
Those monsters are horrible! It's gruesome..... just to much! Even Koyuki was killed."

I saw Koyuki's and master's corpse.

Whenever the peole I care about are in a crisis. I'm always never there. And I, made a promise.

FLASHBACK

During the firework show in new year's eve.

"Are you really okay with me?" I asked.

"Do you remember talking about seeing the fireworks when were kids?" She dodged my question and directly asked me.

"Eh? No.... Uh..." I totally forgot about that.

She said with a smile. "It was a small conversation between you and me Hakuji-san. But I was very happy about it. Even if we couldn't see the fireworks this year. We could see them next year or the year after. That's what you said."

She stopped talking for a moment and continue. "It's just..... I could never actually imagine a future where I could see it next year or the year after. My mother thought the same. She didn't want to see me die. So she killed herself."

She looked down and continue.
"I understood that somewhere in his heart, my dad had given up. I was just too weak. But you saw my future Hakuji-san, as if it was natural. You told me there was a next year. I was really happy."

She looked up and stared at me, "You're amazing, Hakuji-san. Will you be my husband?"

I held her hand and replied, "Yes, and I will become stronger than anyone else and protect you for my entire life."

(A- Dang. I'm jealous.)

In the end, it was nothing but words. I couldn't even manage a single thing.

3rd Person POV:

The details of the tragic incident are recorded in the magistrate's office.

After the Soryuu Dojo's family was poisoned.

The surviving student attacked the nearby Kenjutsu Dojo and murdered the sixty-seven people in it, with bare fists.

Crushed skulls.

Smashed inwards.

Not only were almost all of the corpses mangled to the point where they lost their original forms. There were countless missing body parts.

It was literal scene from hell as chins, brains, eyeballs, and limbs were strewn all over the ceiling and walls.

The shock caused the surviving maid to lose her mind. It was regarded as a
fictitious tale and got erased.

Hakuji, covered in blood continue to walk towards the bridge.

Hakuji's POV

Pant... Pant... Pant...

As I step my foot on the bridge.

A man with black hair and blood red eyes came to my view.

He spoke, "I don't remember sending demons to this area. But after hearing a commotion about a demon and coming all the way here. I find a mere human. How disappointing.

My anger still haven't dispersed. So I shouted, "Move, or you're de-."

Before I could even finish my words, He already made a hole in my face.