Chapter Fifteen - Hurtful Words

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH HEAVY TOPICS. SO BEWARE!

TW/CW: Misgendering, Transphobia, Homophobia [Insult], Threats, Comfort.

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

What felt like hours to Shuichi, was only 15 minutes as he could feel his heart start beating faster and faster with each shout Hajime did towards his own mother. Shuichi couldn't even focus on what was even going on, as white noise kept building in his ears. He knew he had to leave. He had to leave somehow not just for his sake, but for his future family with Kokichi.

Shuichi tried to move further back to try and scatter away from the two. Hajime didn't seem to mind too much, but his mother seemed to have noticed. Of course...

"Saihara! Sweetie! W-Where are you going?" She spoke with love that was hinted at, but it couldn't hide the frustration and anger in her eyes. Her grey eyes practically pierced through Shuichi's heart like a knife, almost making him feel as if he could just die right there from them.

"He is trying to get away from you, considering all you do is torment him." Hajime spoke for the emo boy, trying to move the detective a bit more behind him as he was taller and a bit more muscular and broad compared to the other.

"Stop misgendering my daughter!" The woman spat - the poison becoming more prominent each time with every inch of frustration that built. Shuichi couldn't help but try to flee again, but this time he couldn't even budge thanks to his anxiety. He felt like he was turning to stone every time he gazed towards her.

"Oh I'M misgendering him!?" Hajime laughed frustratedly, his fists clenched tight to the point Shuichi swore he saw a bit of pink blood dripping from his fingers. "At least I can see him for what he truly is - unlike you that doesn't appreciate what you're missing!"

"H-Hajime..." Shuichi spoke with a whisper, trying to gain the reserve course's attention so they could just leave. This was when his own mother spoke - and it was the way he was used to: piercing and harsh.

"This is why I didn't want her to be friends with a talentless freak such as yourself! You have infected hi–"

"OH FUCK OFF WILL YOU!?" Hajime screamed at her. The interruption caused the three to turn to face him. Even Shuichi's father showed a bit of emotion towards it before eventually going back to his phone. Shuichi just blinked before noticing angry tears in his ex's eyes. Hajime then continued,

"ALL YOU DO IS MANIPULATE PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY KILL THEM. YOU HAVE NO REMORSE! NOT EVEN FOR YOUR OWN SON!"

"SHE IS NOT MY SON! SHE IS JUST A MISTAKE OF A CHILD!" Hearing that come out of his own mothers mouth, set Shuichi over the edge and caused him to collapse to the ground in silent tears. Hajime seemed to notice and quickly kneeled down to be by his side, whispering things to him.

"Hey, I'm right here Shuichi." The reserve course tried to speak soothingly the best he could, while still glaring towards his mother every so often.

"H-Home..." Shuichi could only stutter, and Hajime only nodded before standing up - and before he could stand up straight - he completely forgot that he was pregnant for a moment - and it seemed to be... that his own mother tilted her head. Her eyes widening before giving a snarling expression.

"If she is supposedly 'A Man' - then why the hell is 'he' expecting?" She snorted as if she was trying to not laugh. "She is obviously not mentally well Hinata." Shuichi just frowned at that comment, as at least that wasn't a complete lie as his mental health wasn't great to begin with. Even Hajime couldn't really deny that, but just before he could speak to defend the poor emo, a small figured shadow started to form beside them.