Chapter Six

Loud footsteps echoed off of the gymnasiums walls as the man marched our way

Loud footsteps echoed off of the gymnasiums walls as the man marched our way. Marcus and Aspen knelt on their knees and bowed their heads immediately, preparing for the Alpha's wrath. Lily lowered her head submissively as her brother quickly approached.

"What the hell happened here?" The Alpha's voice boomed.

My heart thumped erratically as I slowly turned to face my mate. Power oozed off of him as my eyes trailed up to his.

"We were working out." I did my best to sound believable.

A low growl vibrated out of his chest as he narrowed his gaze, "I'm not blind! I can see blood and bruises on your face!"

"I slipped." My voice wobbled.

"Face first?" The Alpha raised a brow.

"Yes?" I grimaced as I saw his eyes swirl black.

"I can explain, Alpha." Marcus stood up to my surprise. "I overheard the Luna in distress and I figured a tour of the gym wouldn't hurt."

"You're telling me this was your decision?" I felt the weight of the Alpha's stare shift off of me as he now glared at the Beta.

"Yes Alpha." Marcus nodded. My brows raised in shock. Was he really taking the blame for this?

"Was the black eye also your choice?"

"I deserved it." Marcus glanced over at me apologetically as he waited for his punishment. "I know that I failed you, Alpha. And I'm prepared to face the consequences."

The Alpha's auburn eyes shifted back to me and narrowed as he held his hand out towards my face. For a slight moment I saw concern wash over him as his fingertips gently brushed over my cheek. But just as fast as it appeared, it vanished. Even though his skin barely made contact with mine I could feel electricity dance along where he touched.  Freya whined in the back of my mind as she craved more.

"Did he do this to you?" His voice held no emotion.

"It was me." Aspen spoke up.

"Why would you hurt your Luna?" The Alpha's eyes turned pitch black as he stomped towards her. "You know the punishment of hurting the Luna is death!"

"What?!" I said incredulously. "You can't kill your Gamma!"

"Every pack member knows the law!" He snarled.

"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed. "I was the one who started it! It's my fault."

"Somebody better start telling me what actually happened!" His eyes turned black.

"I was the one who asked to be brought here and I am the one who wanted to spar!" I said firmly.

My mate glanced between the siblings to see if I was being truthful. "Who threw the first punch?"